Fifth Wall is seeking to recruit an exceptional candidate to join the firm’s real estate technology venture investment team as part of its 2-year Associate program. Fifth Wall investment team Associates are responsible for sourcing, underwriting, and supporting investments across the real estate technology and services sectors. Successful candidates will have a passion for built world technology, interest in early/growth stage investing, strong work ethic/self-starter, and a desire to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Identity and evaluate potential investments in early & growth stage companies through financial due diligence, market research, and competitive analysis
- Drive sourcing of new investment opportunities through outreach and networking, and lead initial screening
- Build and maintain detailed company financial models and other analyses to support due diligence
- Prepare fundraising documents, investment memos, and investor updates for both internal and external audiences
- Lead and participate in meetings with entrepreneurs, portfolio companies, and industry stakeholders
- Manage internal reporting processes for the investment team, including pipeline trackers and proprietary firm databases
- Support portfolio companies with ongoing financial analyses and follow-on fundraising processes
- Develop in-depth industry expertise and thesis road maps to inform sourcing, due diligence, investment efforts
- 1–3 years of relevant experience, including but not limited to: investment banking, management consulting, private equity, venture capital, technology / startups (preferably in product management / engineering)
- A strong preference to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with an ability to adjust to new firm goals and capture new business opportunities
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written communication skills
- Polished abilities with Excel and PowerPoint
- Authentic passion for technology industries and entrepreneurship
- A demonstrated interest in the technology and startup community
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment with incomplete data
- A desire to join and become a long-term leader of a highly collaborative, team-oriented, opinionated and diverse investment firm
- High EQ with personality “presence”
- Location flexible, but preferred willingness to relocate to New York City, Los Angeles, Austin, or San Francisco
About Fifth Wall
Founded in 2016 and based in Los Angeles, California, Fifth Wall, a Certified B Corporation, is the largest venture capital firm focused on technology-driven innovation for the global real estate industry. With approximately $2.5 billion in commitments and capital under management, Fifth Wall connects many of the world’s largest owners and operators of real estate with the entrepreneurs who are redefining the future of the Built World. Fifth Wall is backed by a global mix of more than 70+ investors from 15 countries, including Acadia Realty Trust, Azora, BNP Paribas Real Estate, British Land, CBRE, Cushman & Wakefield, D.R. Horton, Equity Residential, Gecina, GLP, Hines, Host Hotels & Resorts, Hudson Pacific Properties, Ivanhoé Cambridge, Jamestown, Knight Frank, Lennar, Lowe’s Home Improvement, Macerich, Marriott International, MERLIN Properties, MetLife Investment Management, Mitsubishi Estate, News Corp, MOMENI, Nuveen Real Estate, PGIM Real Estate, Pontos Group, Prologis, PulteGroup, Related Companies, SEGRO, Starwood Capital, Toll Brothers, Vanke, and others. Fifth Wall believes this strategic corporate consortium represents one of the largest groups of potential partners in the global Built World ecosystem, which can result in game-changing investments and collaborations in promising portfolio companies in retail, residential and multi-family, commercial, industrial, hospitality, and more. For more information about Fifth Wall, its partners, and portfolio, visit http://www.fifthwall.com.
If interested, please apply here.