We are excited to share that we are adding an associate to F-Prime Capital’s tech investment team. We love what we do and we’re thrilled to expand our team and add another talented and inspiring person to the team. If you love technology, want to work with amazing entrepreneurs and think you can be a great investor; then read more, apply below, and we look forward to meeting you.
Want to know more about F-Prime Capital? F-Prime Capital has its roots in one of America’s great entrepreneurial success stories – Fidelity Investments. For almost fifty years, we have had the privilege of backing great entrepreneurs building iconic companies in technology and healthcare, including Atari, MCI, Nuance, Alibaba, Toast and Flywire. Today, F-Prime and its international sister fund, Eight Road Ventures, together are among the largest global VC firms in the world with several billion dollars under management, 300+ portfolio companies and over 100 investment professionals across our global platform. Check out our latest newsletter if you want to see the latest happenings.
We’re proud of our 50-year history, but a lot has happened in just the last few years! We were thrilled to see Quovo/Plaid literally create a new FinTech tech stack and for Snapdocs to emerge as the category leader in digital mortgage closings. We were early investors in Flywire (vertical payments) and Toast (restaurant POS) as well and are proud to have partnered with them to become category-defining companies. And we continue to back new companies that we believe will re-define their markets like OTA Insights (hotels), Benchling (bioinformatics SaaS), Vendr (procurement), and Mozper (Latam banking).
What is the role? Associates have a tremendous amount of freedom and responsibility on our team. We expect a lot, but in return you will have wide autonomy as an active participant across the full range of investment activities. We ensure you have mentorship and the best of a VC apprenticeship while getting areas to own and lead early in your role. You will be a full part of the investment decision-making process and quickly learn your insights and judgment are valued.
And yes, you will live all parts of venture capital:
- Source: Identify and generate investment opportunities on behalf of the tech team. We receive a lot of referrals, but often our best opportunities come from proactive outreach to startups we recognize are doing something great.
- Evaluate: Conduct sector and company due diligence in the form of customer interviews, market analysis and financial modeling. You will do a lot as we look at investments, but our best insights come from proactively learning about a sector ahead of the times we invest and we encourage associates to dive into their own pre-emptive research on areas of interest.
- Support: Support entrepreneurs as they grow their companies. There will be many opportunities to dive in, get to know the teams and help our portfolio companies. Often it will be one-off projects, but we also create short, defined, full-time roles with portfolio companies when the fit is there. Over time, you will take on Board Observer roles at our portfolio companies.
- Reflect: Analyze our portfolio performance and help us reflect, learn and improve as investors.
What are you like? Our associates have strong analytical abilities and are intellectually curious. They are humble and collaborative – befitting the ethos of the fund – and possess well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, in addition to having a high degree of empathy for early-stage entrepreneurs and the risks they take.
We are sector specialists and strive to know our domains deeply. Associates should have a solid foundation in technology and business experience and a strong interest in fintech and enterprise, which comes in many forms but often means experience in management consulting, venture capital or operating companies/start-ups.
What’s our team like? We are a team of experienced operators and investors who are analytically-minded and thesis-driven. We love big markets and big ideas, but we also love nuanced insights from entrepreneurs who re-think conventions and find the white space in existing markets. Our team is approachable, not afraid to roll up our sleeves, and consistently seen as thoughtful domain specialists. We are a globally minded group, with many of our team members having immigrated from other countries and from many different walks of life; we highly value diverse backgrounds and experiences that expand our collective wisdom. Though we are part of a large global brand that grants us an international perspective and community, we’re a tight-knit and hungry team.
What else do you need to know? The role is a minimum two-year commitment. We are open to this becoming a Partner-track position, but we generally support your transition into a portfolio company or to graduate school. F-Prime associates have a strong track record of admittance to the leading business schools in the country and executive-level operating roles.
- Bachelor’s Degree with excellent performance, [Extra Credit] for computer science or engineering
- 2-5 years of work experience in management consulting, an operating role, technology development or tech M&A / corporate development or the equivalent. Specifically, we are seeking candidates with experience using data to drive decision-making and exposure to the principles of business or startup strategy.
- Passion for tech and startups and interest in fintech (embedded finance, infrastructure, payments, CFO tools, consumer financial products, etc) and enterprise technology (sales and marketing tools, security, developer tools, vertical SaaS, etc)
- [Extra Credit] Active network in Boston, San Francisco, or New York.
- [Extra Credit] Early-stage start-up experience as Founder or early employee.
- Position is based in Boston.
How do you apply?
Submit a resume and any links to your writings to email@example.com.