Ensemble VC is an early-stage venture capital firm that uses data science to identify and invest in founders building the future. Our founders have built companies that have fundamentally changed industries, including Zoom, Casper, Carta, Udemy, Groww, Icon, Sidecar Health.
We started Ensemble VC because we saw an opportunity to do better for founders. We believe that the most fundamental ingredient to company success is people — the founders and teams translating ideas into products that result in generational-defining companies.
Ensemble invests across all areas of high technology – including enterprise software, consumer internet, healthcare IT, and financial services. While the team is based in Austin, TX, we partner with founders across North America.
You can read more about this and other roles at Ensemble VC at https://www.ensemble.vc/research/growing-our-ensemble-we-are-hiring
Ensemble VC is seeking a full-time Associate who will report to the Managing Partners. This position will offer significant involvement in all aspects of the investment process. We want team members with a balance of analytical rigor and strong communication skills who are ready to play a key role in the research and due diligence process. A successful applicant will have a compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world. This position’s responsibilities will include:
- Deal due diligence
- Creating presentation materials for investment committee review, articulating investment theses, and highlighting key transaction considerations
- Financial and Valuation Analysis
- Competitive and Market Research
- Run elements of the investment process and CRM
- Building relationships with and supporting CEOs and world-class management teams
- Analyze and track portfolio performance
Successful applicants should be knowledgeable and have demonstrated experience in the following domains:
- High-growth startups: Including operational expertise working with/at startups including time spent investing as an angel or VC, or founding a startup.
- Investment processes: Experience in finance, fundraising, or an MBA.
- Diligence: Lead quantitative and qualitative diligence on venture deals
- Industry research: Including written industry analysis and theses, market maps, pitch decks, etc.
- VC Networks: Strong relationships with investors, companies, or founders across key markets in the US.
- 2–5 years of prior experience, preferably from within venture capital, private equity, investment banking, strategy consulting, or a venture-backed startup
- Outstanding academic track record, extracurricular success, and intellectual curiosity
- Entrepreneurial – Ensemble is a fast-growing venture firm and requires team members who are builders and doers
- Data and Application dexterity – comfortable with Excel modeling, Keynote, and other online tools
- Ability to create and deliver tailored presentations tailored to various stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop relationships with ease
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Austin, TX
If interested, please apply here.