Talent Ventures is an emerging vertical within Endeavor that sits at the intersection of our talent ecosystem working in close collaboration with our agency counterparts at WME to source, evaluate, negotiate, structure and opportunistically invest behind non-traditional partnership/endorsement opportunities – including (i) equity partnerships and (ii) new business incubation – on behalf of entrepreneurial clients.
WME is a leading entertainment agency representing the world’s greatest athletes, artists and content creators across books, digital media, film, food, music, television and theater. Named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, WME is a subsidiary of Endeavor, a global entertainment, sports and content company.
We are seeking a candidate with an understanding of the CPG/consumer world (food & beverage, spirits, beauty, health & wellness, apparel, etc.) and with a background in financial services, investing and/or operational experience to join our team. You will be responsible for screening, evaluating and negotiating opportunities, helping scale our outreach efforts (with brands/buy-side firms/operators), and participating in client discussions/signing meetings. You should be an enthusiastic, strategic and analytical thinker with a passion for talent, entertainment and consumer venture deals.
- Source and screen non-traditional partnership opportunities on behalf of/alongside agents and key clients
- Evaluate offers, including but not limited to (i) category dynamics/trends (ii) brand and product proposition and (iii) economic potential to talent – and presenting findings to agents, management and clients
- Help meet and cultivate relationships with earlier-stage brands (primarily Seed through Series B), top-tier operators, and relevant VC/PE firms as part of our sourcing efforts
- Support legal counsel in the review of partnership agreements (inclusive of equity documents) and structuring/negotiating of key terms
- Manage all stakeholders within a deal process, including counterparty/brand executives, agents, talent, lawyers and managers
- Participate in client signing meetings and presenting potential non-traditional partnership targets to prospective clients
- 2 – 4 years of the following: financial services (investment banking, venture capital, growth equity, PE) preferably with a focus on consumer; experience at a CPG corporate or start-up (corporate development, strategy, operations, etc.)
- Past transaction experience in consumer: spirits, food & beverage, apparel, health & wellness, beauty, etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge of early-stage investing
- Comfortable engaging with clients, agents, C-level executives and senior leadership
- Relationships with key stakeholders across the early-stage consumer ecosystem: VCs, PE firms, brands, incubators, etc.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
If interested, please apply here.