Choosing a career with ECMC Group means joining a nonprofit corporation with a mission to help students succeed. With a vibrant mission and values, great benefits, and strong community involvement, ECMC Group companies are an ideal team to join.
This position will work alongside other members of the team to help lead, negotiate, and execute the company’s acquisitions, divestitures, strategic partnerships, and investments. In addition, the role will actively support the investment activities of ECMC Group’s Education Impact Fund, a corporate ventures fund that is investing over $130M in early stage, mission-aligned, for-profit education and workforce companies and investment funds. The role is suited for talented, experienced, and highly motivated individuals who are passionate about the intersection of education, investing, and impact. ECMC’s Corporate Development group is a small team where all individuals have the opportunity to take on significant responsibility as they grow within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and analyze external market dynamics, assess trends, and develop actionable investment theses and research.
- Engage with other members of the investment team to continuously refine and evaluate investment thesis and identify new investment themes and perspectives.
- Support end-to-end investment and M&A processes, including deal sourcing, due diligence on prospective companies, market analysis and competitive landscaping, valuation and financial modeling, drafting investment memos / presentations, and structuring and negotiation of term sheets and definitive agreements.
- Utilize DCF and other valuation techniques to assess the economic value of potential transactions. Create detailed, dynamic operating and financial models to assess the impacts of various scenarios.
- Support portfolio companies across various operating activities, including business development, strategy, financing, and impact measurement.
- Support internal operational activities, including external marketing / reporting, management of investment pipeline CRM, financial and impact reporting activities for the impact investment portfolio.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
- 1+ years work experience in strategy, finance or investment fields, including venture capital, private equity, investment banking, management consulting, corporate development, or in a product or technical role at a startup.
- Demonstrated use of analytical abilities, financial modeling skills and working knowledge of financial and accounting theory.
- Experience with oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, entrepreneurs, investors, and other stakeholders.
- Experience working in a collaborative, fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and think creatively to deliver high quality, thoughtful, and accurate work in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize, plan, control and prioritize work/projects; regularly communicating progress to appropriate stakeholders.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office tools, including the ability to perform basic analytics in Excel and create presentations in PowerPoint.
- 2+ years work experience in strategy, finance or investment fields, including venture capital, private equity, investment banking, management consulting, corporate development, or in a product or technical role at a startup.
- 1+ years of work experience in education or workforce development related field.
- Demonstrated interest in social impact or impact investing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If interested, please apply here