Dreamit Ventures is a leading venture fund focused on startups with revenue or pilots that are ready to scale. Dreamit specializes in startups building transformative companies in two key verticals: Healthtech and Securetech.
We are looking to hire a bright, dynamic, and creative Associate to join our Securetech vertical. Dreamit Securetech focuses on cybersecurity, anti-fraud, risk & compliance, and physical security startups. This position will support Dreamit Securetech in sourcing process and strategy, screening and analyzing startups for fund deal flow, and maintaining relationships with other venture funds to drive quality top of funnel activity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Refine and execute leverageable strategies for sourcing pre-Series A startups in cybersecurity, anti-fraud, risk & compliance, and physical security.
- Develop a deep understanding of the global Securetech vertical to evolve Dreamit’s Securetech connections, refine sourcing strategies, and diligence startups.
- Help refine a sustainable startup sourcing process by nurturing investor relationships, maintaining scouts to source companies, and outreach to founder-focused organizations.
- Coordinate with the vertical’s Managing Director and Program Manager to interview new startups and identify new sourcing strategies.
- Engage founders to educate them on Dreamit’s unique value proposition and to learn more about their companies.
- 2-3+ years of work experience.
- Strong passion for startups and the venture capital ecosystem.
- Inherently curiousity with a strong interest in security technology, cybersecurity, and physical security.
- Hunter’s mentality for bringing in new deals.
- Comfortable and able to grasp complex technology quickly.
- Exceptional oral, written, organizational, and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask, and a strong work ethic.
- Experienced and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience with securetech, working at a startup, a venture fund, or an accelerator is a plus.
Dreamit is a leading venture fund focused on startups with revenue or pilots that are ready to scale. Dreamit specializes in startups building transformative companies in two key verticals: Healthtech and Securetech. Founders meet with dozens of potential customers and partners on Customer Sprints® and pitch leading venture firms during Investor Sprints®. Since its founding in 2008, Dreamit has partnered and helped grow over 320 startups, including LevelUp (acquired by GrubHub), Trendkite (acquired by Cision), SeatGeek, HouseParty (acquired by Epic Games), Elevate, Adaptly (acquired by Accenture), Wellth, Biomeme, Tissue Analytics (acquired by Net Health), Redox, Eko Devices, NestEgg, Cherre, Cylera, RaySecur, SpecTrust, and Cloud Defense.
If interested, please apply here.