D20 Capital is a venture capital fund based in San Francisco. Our investment philosophy is based on our belief that enduring businesses are built and managed by exceptional people. We partner with authentic, audacious and collaborative founders at all stages of their journeys in building iconic companies.
Since launching in late 2019, we have made 8 investments in early stage companies such as StructionSite and Bear Flag Robotics, as well as growth stage companies such as Whoop. We are sector agnostic and identify amazing companies through thesis-driven sector deep dives.
We are looking to grow the D20 Capital team with an Associate who will work closely with both General Partners. We have a highly collaborative investment process where each investment team member identifies one or two sectors to dive deep on, and as investment opportunities arise everyone on the team dives into each company for which we have the privilege of undertaking deep diligence. The investment team is in San Francisco, but this role will be largely remote to start.
- Thesis development: Identify sectors that are exciting for you and perform deep dives. Develop ontologies and create associated market maps. Identify the most exciting companies that may be a fit for D20 and we’ll collectively figure out the best way to connect with the founders. Establish a public presence through mediums such as blog posts to ensure entrepreneurs know about our passion in the space.
- Deal execution: Work with the partners on all facets of diligence, including market research, financial modeling, technology deep dives, and industry reference calls. Lead the synthesis and craft the investment memo.
- Portfolio support: Help to service any requests for help our portfolio companies may have and be proactive in identifying opportunities for D20 to help. Prepare for and attend board meetings.
Who You Are
- Experience – At least 2 years of work experience post-undergrad in tech, consulting, or finance.
- Team Player – We are a small and entrepreneurial team in the early stages of building a long-lasting firm. Everyone steps up to get work done that is outside of our job description.
- Humble & Authentic – We serve entrepreneurs and are also stewards of our investor’s capital. We will never know more than founders’ about their businesses and we will always be fiduciaries surrounding the capital we invest.
- Independent & Curious – For those who are insatiably curious, our work trying to understand rapidly evolving technologies and striving to meet the best companies can seem endless. We value self-starters who can identify the work that needs to get done and run without much guidance.
- Valid U.S. Work Authorization – As a small firm, we unfortunately will be unable to support work permits for those without valid U.S. work authorization.
Please Get in Touch!
Drop us a note at email@example.com. Please send us your LinkedIn profile, along with a 3-5 minute video explaining:
- Why you want to join D20 Capital and why you think you’ll be a great fit.
- A sector you are excited to explore for great investment opportunities and why.
If interested, please apply here.