Creandum is Europe’s most successful early stage Venture Capital fund, supporting startup entrepreneurs around the world. With our offices in Stockholm, San Francisco and Berlin, we back the companies of tomorrow. We are driven by our belief that any industry can be disrupted by the right entrepreneur, and aim to find the most ambitious ones out there. Creandum has backed 100+ companies around the globe including Spotify, iZettle, Kry, Trade Republic, Taxfix and Klarna.
Your role within the firm
We are looking for an exceptional Associate for our Berlin office.
As an Associate you will be part of Creandum’s global investment team and ensure the successful execution of due diligence processes across Europe and the US. You will empower our senior leadership and the global investment team through your detailed analysis of business plans, markets and competitive landscapes, and thereby help us to be fast on deals without overlooking any details. You will be a crucial part of the whole deal journey – from first meeting through closing – and ensure that our service level toward entrepreneurs is exceptional.
We are a small, fast and ambitious team and want you to feel as an important part of that. You will:
- Independently manage crucial parts of various simultaneous work streams, and contribute to the decision making process
- Analyse business plans, markets, industries, and technology trends, enabling the results to help the firm win the most competitive deals
- Independently manage prioritisation of communication and process elements on behalf of the senior investment team members – which both includes internal processes as well as engagements with founders, CEOs and other stakeholders of the ecosystem
- Be part of a thriving, global and fun team, which will support you to grow professionally
Our Associate Program follows a 2 1/2 year plan. After completion our ambition is for you to continue to pursue your career within our ecosystem, perhaps as an executive at a portfolio company, perhaps by starting your own company, or by continuing in venture capital. We offer full support in this process, with the goal to keep you in the #creandumfamily.
What we are looking for
- Personality: The ideal person for this job is proactive, outgoing, self-motivated, and most importantly, fun to work with. You should distinguish yourself from others through your eagerness to learn and ability to integrate easily in new settings.
- Analytical mindset: “Zero defect” is your motto. You will analyse businesses with an incredible eye for detail and outstanding analytical skills as well as a holistic business understanding.
- Communication: Given the dynamic nature of our operations, we are looking for somebody who keeps cool under pressure and maintains confidence when interacting with stakeholders of all levels – internally and externally. We are looking for someone that shines through professionalism.
- Mindset: You will be part of a fast-paced environment, which is why extreme ownership of topics and exceptional organizational abilities are key for your success. You should have a service mentality, a pronounced understanding of the value of the enablement position of this role and be solution oriented.
- Flawless English, both spoken and written, and proficiency in German
- A degree from a top tier university with a maximum of two years of full time work experience, and a minimum of several high calibre internships
We will review applications as they come in and get back to you in case we’ll proceed with your application.
IF interested, please apply here.