Costanoa Ventures is a Bay Area-based venture capital firm that invests in early stage companies. We invest in enterprise software and fintech that changes how business gets done. Just as importantly, we are a values based firm: we believe in trust, collaboration, and treating everyone with dignity and respect. Our purpose is to build meaningful technology companies, but we believe the environment in which they are nurtured and how our team finds the next great company matters. That’s why cultural fit is as important to us as the skills to do the job.
We are hiring an Associate to join our investment team. Link to application: http://bit.ly/CostanoaAssociate21
- Drive diligence on prospective new investments: conduct financial analysis, customer and expert interviews, and primary market research to develop an investment thesis
- Create value for the Costanoa portfolio: support our portfolio companies in recruiting, sales, fundraising, and ad-hoc projects (e.g. financial planning, board deck construction, M&A support, etc.)
- Source new investment opportunities: research new markets and technologies, build trusted relationships with world-class founders, and identify compelling investment opportunities
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about technology, startups, and entrepreneurship: to a degree that the delicious grind of early stage venture capital doesn’t even feel like work
- Innately curious: enjoys diving deeply into new technologies, sectors, and products
- Hungry to learn: focused on continuous improvement, learning new skills, thirsty for knowledge
- A self-starter: driven to take the lead on projects, diligence, and sourcing–but knows when to ask for help
- Eager to meet new people: excited to meet new founders, investors, and executives on a daily basis and building lasting, trusted relationships with them. Strong existing ties to the startup community are a plus
- Ideally, 2-4 years of work experience in management consulting, investment banking, bizops or product
- Genuine enthusiasm for technology and entrepreneurship
- Fluent in data manipulation, financial modeling, business presentations, and business analysis
- Desire to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced environment
If interested, please apply here.