Cathay Innovation is a rapidly growing global venture capital fund investing in startups at the center of digital revolution across North America, Europe, China, and Africa. We are affiliated with pioneering investment firm Cathay Capital with a team of nearly 100 professionals around the world and ~$4B AUM across a variety of investment strategies, including $1.5B AUM dedicated to our multistage venture capital activities. From offices in San Francisco, Paris, Shanghai and Singapore, we are currently investing out of Fund II, a $800M vehicle, backing startups positively impacting the world.
Cathay Innovation was founded in 2015 under the conviction that we can make a difference for entrepreneurs on a mission to drive change through technology. Firmly believing that the best innovations don’t happen in silos, we go beyond the traditional venture capital playbook by providing entrepreneurs with the support of a unique worldwide ecosystem that helps startups grow and lead on the local or global stage.
Our platform — bridging entrepreneurs with innovation centers, investors and Fortune 500 companies across continents — grants startups access to new markets, invaluable industry knowledge and introductions to potential partners with the world’s leading corporations from the start. In addition to our traditional LPs, we’re fortunate to count over 20 leading global corporations as investors in our Fund. Working closely with the C-level executives and business unit leaders driving innovation across their organizations, we help our corporate partners reach their goals while facilitating collaborations within our portfolio to fuel growth.
Cathay Innovation has already invested in over 60 startups across the world, including Chime Bank, Glovo, Ledger, Peek, Trifacta, Sidecar Health, Skan, PinDuoDuo, Laiye, Momenta, Iziwork, Owkin, and many more. Many of our companies have gone on to raise substantial rounds (e.g. Chime is now worth $14.5B, surging past Robinhood as the most valuable U.S. consumer fintech, Glovo raised a $169M Series D and Sidecar Health is the latest healthcare unicorn). We also had our first IPO in Fund I, the four-year-old PinDuoDuo and second largest e-commerce player in China, went public on the Nasdaq for nearly $30B in 2018, today worth over $100B.
We are currently looking for an Associate to join our San Francisco office to start immediately.
What the role entails:
We are looking to add a new team member to the investment team. The Investment Associate will be primarily responsible, together with the rest of the team, in the sourcing of new opportunities, investigation and execution of deals, with assistance and monitoring of portfolio companies.
- Supporting deal execution, building financial models and preparing investment memoranda
- Working closely with our strategic corporate ecosystem to share relevant deal flow updates and participating in reporting to LPs
- Building investment theses, sourcing new investments and monitoring internal deal pipeline
- Attending networking events and conferences on behalf of the firm
Candidates that will be seriously considered for the role will have the following qualifications:
- 2.5–5 years of experience with technology companies, either at a buy-side investment firm, investment bank/consulting firm or as a PM at a company
- Demonstrated ability to develop a point of view and build networks/relationships
- Self-starter that has the desire to be part of a fast-developing, entrepreneurial project on three continents
- French or mandarin language speaking a plus
If you’re interested, we’d be excited to learn more:
Please share your resume and a quick note about why you’re interested in Cathay Innovation to: email@example.com.