Bull City Venture Partners is a venture capital firm laser-focused on helping seed and early stage companies. We love meeting incredible entrepreneurs and rolling up our sleeves to help founders build their companies from day one. Our office is in downtown Durham, NC.
We’re looking to add an Investment Associate to our team who will work directly with Partners Jason Caplain and David Jones. This role will engage across all functions of the partnership at Bull City Venture Partners, including reviewing new investment opportunities, special projects, marketing & event management, pipeline management and portfolio engagement. This role is a balance between strategy and sharp execution.
- Qualify and manage new investment opportunities
- Manage relationships and communication within the BCVP community
- Conduct research and investment diligence
- Initiate and lead special projects (building internal products and programs, research deep dives)
- Assist with events for entrepreneurs and other marketing events like BCVP Entrepreneurs’ Series and the Annual LP Meeting
- Assist in updating and maintaining blog and website in tandem with the partners
This position is not all glamorous. As a small team, we all handle a good amount of behind-the-scenes work and this position will be no different.
Who we’re looking for:
Someone who believes in our mission, vision and goals as a founder-first VC firm. We are a team driven by grit and we care deeply about our founders and creating great companies that stand the test of time. Our priority is finding the right person to build with us. We think that person may have a background in one of several areas:
- A former founder or member of a startup.
- An aspiring entrepreneur who wants a rare window into the VC and fundraising side of the business.
- Someone with an investment banking or consulting background.
- A generalist who loves learning new things and has a passion for tech.
- A project manager who keeps the trains running on time with little oversight, using imagination and drive.
- A doer who sees this as an ideal opportunity to immerse yourself in the tech industry and learn the art of company building from a community of skilled investors and operators.
- 2-3 years of work experience
- Undergraduate degree
- Previous venture capital or investing experience is not a requirement
We believe the strength of our team comes from our diverse and inclusive workplace, and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested? Please email Jason Caplain email@example.com with a copy of your resume and “Associate” as the subject line. Thank you.