At AngelList, we exist to help startups save the world. We’re building the definitive platform for startups — where they raise money through AngelList Venture, build teams through AngelList Talent, and launch their products through Product Hunt.
The venture team is fundamentally altering how startups raise money by replacing early-stage venture capital with modern technology. We’ve delivered over $1B to more than 3,000 startups over the past few years. Our infrastructure allows investors to build on top of AngelList instead of a traditional VC. This will result in a more innovative, efficient & fair market.
We recently celebrated our ten year anniversary. Here’s a fun look back at exciting milestones and a preview of what to expect from AngelList Venture going forward: https://angel.co/blog/the-next-decade
About The Job
AngelList Venture is seeking a Venture Associate to join our Operations team in our San Francisco office. As a Venture Associate, you will support and nurture relationships with fund managers (GPs) using AngelList. You will be the primary point of contact for these GPs and will ensure that they have an exceptional experience using the AngelList Venture platform.
Reporting into our Venture Relations & Operations Lead–internally, you will work cross-functionally with sales, support, and product teams to optimize platform usage and solve problems. Externally, you will onboard GPs to AngelList and be the trusted source of best practices for running a venture fund. You will be expected to understand their unique needs and engage leading GPs at multiple levels including strategic, technical, and operational.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a client-facing role within a rapidly growing organization and be excited at the prospect of supporting our mission in increasing the number of successful startups in the world. Key competencies for this role include superb written and verbal communication skills and an understanding of core financial concepts and venture financing.
- Develop a deep understanding of our product offerings, our platform, the venture industry, and our mission.
- Assume overall customer adoption responsibility and be the primary source of support for fund managers by acting as a product, legal, and market expert, helping them navigate questions, bugs and issues.
- Review and polish investment memos and pitch decks with the same level of dedication as if they were your own.
- Evaluate opportunities to increase product usage and retention within a book of business, and drive investor satisfaction.
- Act as representative of AngelList at industry conferences and networking events.
- Identify and implement process improvements to scale the role.
- Collaborate with the product, operations, and customer success teams to continuously help build, update, and craft new solutions for our customers.
Other Characteristics Of The Ideal Candidate
- 2+ years in a client-facing role within a rapidly growing organization, ideally within venture, finance, or fintech.
- You have previously worked in an early-stage company and you know how to navigate and be successful in a startup environment.
- Superb attention to detail – you need to be able to catch the corner case every time.
- A deep love of startups.
If interested, please apply here.