Allstate Strategic Ventures is responsible for corporate venturing activities that deliver both strategic and financial value through minority investments, business partnerships, and other strategic relationships. The focus of the group is to accelerate Allstate’s business strategies and create new business opportunities by accessing emerging markets, capabilities, products/services, and talent.
Internally, the team works with leaders across the business to identify key investment focus areas and priorities to focus investment and business development efforts as well as coordinate the interaction between Allstate and investment portfolio companies.
Externally, the team works with venture capital firms, incubators/accelerators, universities, entrepreneurs, and other third parties to identify technologies, capabilities, companies, and management teams that help us to strategically grow and transform our business.
This role will be an integral part of the Strategic Ventures team helping with sourcing, evaluating, performing due diligence, structuring, negotiating and managing investment opportunities globally. The Associate will be expected to demonstrate strong leadership and management skills and act as a mentor to junior resources. Candidate will have an opportunity to work closely with the senior management team in identifying and executing strategic transactions that will advance Allstate’s position as a leader in the U.S. P&C space.
- Leads screening processes to vet deals through strategic, financial and investment value considerations and provide recommendations
- Manages in-depth company and market assessments and due diligence that would cover a review of the target company’s management team, company financials, proposal’s market potential, company governance and structure, etc.
- Oversees building comprehensive financial models for individual start-ups as well as venture capital portfolio as a whole
- Structures and oversees development of comprehensive Investment Memoranda and Presentations for the Investment Committee
- Actively contributes in developing SV’s strategic plan and direction
- Provides leadership and critical input at every stage of the process when working closely with the internal business units
- Proactively provides timely information on company related issues to senior leadership
- Develops, manages and grows strong and wide networks within the VC community, accelerators, universities and research centers in North America and Europe
- Sources quality deals through networking and build a robust deal flow pipeline
- Provide advice and guidance to portfolio companies by adding value on a continual basis and ensuring start-ups are well positioned to succeed
- Actively tracks and provides updates on performance of portfolio companies to senior management
- Develops exit recommendations for Investment Committee review
- Provides guidance and leadership to junior resources
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university with a strong academic track record
- Preferred candidates will have 3 to 6 years of experience in venture capital/private equity investing, investment banking, or top tier management consulting where PE/VC or Corporate Finance were a focus
- Insurance sector experience is not required although considered a plus
- Familiarity with the start-up environment
- Team first attitude and a commitment to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Possess critical thinking skills and keen focus on details
- Demonstrable experience in performing qualitative and quantitative analysis in tight timeframes and simultaneously juggling multiple workstreams
- High level of proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be ethical and honest, possess high integrity and be trustworthy
If interested, please apply here.