At 645 Ventures, we help founders bring the invisible to life. Every day we wake up and work to cultivate exceptional people, stories, and companies that are changing the way that we view the world. We are able to achieve this purpose with over $200 million of assets under management (AUM). We’re six years old , growing fast and backed by leading institutional investors, including university endowments, funds of funds, and pension funds. Our goal is to back founders who aspire to build iconic businesses that transform industries and reach large scale M&A and IPO events. We have over 35 active companies in our portfolio in the areas of enterprise SaaS, infrastructure software, and consumer technology.
We’re looking for a talented associate to join our Success Team, which works closely with our portfolio founders as they scale from seed stage startups to growth stage businesses and works with the firm’s Investment & Research team in attracting and winning top VC investments. As a teammate, you’ll be encouraged to participate in every aspect of the firm: you’ll support our investment team as they source deals and conduct due diligence, you’ll attend partner and deal meetings, you’ll help win deals, you’ll partner with portfolio company founders to achieve key milestones, and you’ll actively participate in the larger startup community, where you’ll expand your personal network.
We work best with people who are collaborative, versatile, curious, hard-working and always ready to pitch in.
We’re deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion—and our team and community reflect that commitment. We’re proud to lead by example in the venture capital community while nonetheless striving to do better ourselves.
As a Success Team Associate, you will focus on:
- Portfolio and Founder Support: Identify and respond to portfolio company immediate milestones and goals by supporting customer acquisition, team growth, product development, go-to-market and sales initiatives, and implementation of competitive strategies.
- Growth Round Preparation: Work closely with portfolio founders whose companies are moving toward Series A and Series B rounds. Help founders position their startups for competitive rounds by guiding them in the process of presenting their story, key analyses such as cohorts and unit economics, market analyses, and their vision to become category leaders.
- Corporate Development: Work closely with high-growth portfolio company management teams (i.e. those that have reached $50 million – $100 million+ in revenue) to assess exit opportunities by engaging with Corporate Development leaders from large tech companies and tech bankers who orchestrate M&As and IPOs.
- Winning deals: Work with the 645 Investment & Research team to demonstrate value to prospective portfolio companies, which is a core component of the firm’s approach to winning competitive deals. Fund Growth: Help to conceptualize, organize, and design the firm’s marketing strategy for internal and external stakeholders. This includes work on our Annual Meeting, LP reports, Founders’ / Future Founders’ events and much more.
- 645 Thought Leadership: Assisting in the ideation, design, execution and promotion of 645 authored content, for self-publishing on our site as well as securing contributor placements in media publications. See examples here.
You might be a fit for this role if you have:
- At least 2-4 years of corporate development, consulting, investment banking, corporate marketing or startup experience with strong aptitude in financial modeling, deck creation, and unit economic analysis.
- Very strong written, communication, and public speaking skills as the role requires both written and verbal communication to the firm’s stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to activate existing and build new corporate relationships that will support the firm’s network expansion for the purposes of portfolio company customer acquisition, strategic partnerships, execution of corporate actions (i.e. portfolio company buying another company), and M&A and IPO exit prospecting.
- Proactive problem-solving skills to find your way through any situation to solve complex problems
- Passion about the startup and VC ecosystem and thoughtful perspectives on new technologies
- Ability to work autonomously and manage several projects simultaneously
- Deep operating experience and graduate school experience are a plus
How to apply:
- Please submit your resume and fill out this brief application here
- If your background matches the role, we’ll reach out for a quick intro call where we can walk through the remainder of the process