500 Startups Vietnam (500VN) is hiring a VC Associate. The fund is led by the most experienced tech startup VC investors in Vietnam, Binh Tran and Eddie Thai. The talented candidate will work closely with Binh and Eddie to amplify outcomes and track the progress of our companies. This VC Associate’s primary responsibility is to support 500VN portfolio companies, advising on sales, marketing, and business development, creating commercial and strategic partnership opportunities, and facilitating capital formation. Through these efforts, they strive to support each portfolio company in its pursuit of product-market fit and commercialization at scale. This candidate will also serve as a scout for pre-seed and seed deals for 500VN affiliate and friendly funds.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and maintain internal processes and systems to organize and streamline the firm’s value-add services for our portfolio companies
- Drive value for our portfolio companies through customer and partner introductions, executive-level recruiting, and service provider recommendations
- Develop and foster relationships with members of the 500 Startups Vietnam community, industry executives, and strategic partners
- Differentiate 500 Startups Vietnam from its competitors by designing and implementing new value-add initiatives
- Manage our network and track value-added interactions through Streak or other tools
- Develop an action plan for each portfolio company in coordination with the investment lead and deliver against that plan
- Direct and, over time, build out the Portfolio Operations team by thoughtfully scoping out needs in consideration of impact and scale.
- Track and measure the progress of portfolio companies against key metrics and milestones.
- Lead other strategic initiatives and projects as necessary
- Create meeting prep documents for General Partners
- Identify key business leaders for the consumer ecosystem and reach out on behalf of the team and initiate the relationship
- Qualify inbound investment opportunities and connect them with relevant investors
The ideal candidate will be highly flexible, positive, team-oriented, and a proven self-starter with a strong work ethic. He/she must be capable of working independently in a fast-paced start-up culture with little guidance. He/she should possess a strong “can do” attitude, be intellectually curious, and have a demonstrated passion in the startup and venture capital ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will also have the following qualifications:
- Must reside in or be willing to relocate to Vietnam
- B.S. or B.A. degree
- 4+ years of relevant work experience, with a strong preference of previous experience in advisory, management consulting, or venture capital
- A deep respect for founders and the founder journey
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for technology investing
- A self-starter who is enthusiastic to operate with autonomy
- Extreme ability to organize and manage process
- Bilingual in English and Vietnamese with effective writing skills
- Exceptional organization, analytical skills, and judgment
👉 How to apply
Please fill out this form, which ask for these information:
- Your contact detail
- Your CV
- URL of your LinkedIn
We will get back to you within a week’s time.
ABH (Always Be Hiring): don’t be afraid to reach out! The job you want might not be listed, but that doesn’t mean you can’t put yourself out there. You never know what might happen… ✨
About 500 Startups Vietnam
500 Startups Vietnam is a seed-stage venture capital firm located in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. 500VN is an early investor in companies that have changed the way we work, play, and live including ApplyBoard, ELSA, Trusting Social, Base.vn, and many others. 500VN invests across all areas of high technology.