SoftBank Group Corp. is a Japanese multinational conglomerate holding company headquartered in Tokyo. The company owns stakes in Softbank Corp., Alibaba, Yahoo Japan, T-Mobile, Nvidia, and many more companies. It also advises the SoftBank Vision Fund, the world’s largest technology-focused venture capital fund, with over $100 billion in capital, through its subsidiary SB Investment Advisers (UK) Limited.
SoftBank Group International (SBGI) is wholly owned by SoftBank Group and manages global investments for SoftBank Group outside of the SoftBank Vision Fund. SBGI investments include some of the world’s most ground-breaking growth-stage companies across all sectors. SBGI partners with portfolio companies to disrupt businesses, drive growth and create value. SBGI investments include companies like Cybereason, InMobi, Fortress Investment Group, WeWork, SoFi, Lemonade, and others.
SBGI also oversees the SoftBank Latin America Fund, a $5 billion fund dedicated to the Latin American region – SoftBank Latin American Fund has invested to date in more than 20 exciting tech-enabled and fast-growing companies across the region- and the Softbank Opportunity Fund, a new $100 million venture fund for outstanding Black, Latinx, and Native American founders.
This year, we also launched the $100M Miami Initiative, a $100M funding commitment dedicated to supporting and building the community of technology start-ups based in or relocating to The Magic City.
We are centered around our four Ethos: Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Excellence, and Team which we live by through all parts of our business.
Learn more at www.softbank.com
SBGI is seeking an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial Analyst/Associate to join the Miami Initiative team, which leads the charge on SoftBank’s investment and ecosystem development activities in the Magic City.
In this role, you will be a crucial pillar of support for all Miami initiatives. You will help set the infrastructure for the team’s operations. You will actively participate in and/or manage investment processes, partnership projects and key relationships. Through this work, you will gain exposure to innovative, early-stage tech founders and business models, key investors and ecosystem players, and SoftBank teams across the region. You will have a hand in helping shape the team’s work as it grows, and uniquely contribute to Miami’s venture ecosystem. You will work in a very entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment, with talented and passionate individuals as yourself, and above all, you will have fun!
A Day in the Life
- Help design, set up and manage the processes that will ensure that the team runs a smooth operation, increasing efficiency and impact in the ecosystem
- Support the sourcing, diligence and execution of early stage investments
- Provide qualitative and quantitative research as well as robust financial analysis as needed
- Support the identification, development and execution of partnerships and other ecosystem development initiatives
- Prepare presentations for management to make key decisions on investments, partnerships and other opportunities
- Help develop and manage relationships with key ecosystem players
- Develop expertise across a broad array of tech-enabled industries
- Support portfolio companies to increase their probability of success
To be successful in this role:
- You embody our Ethos:
- You take initiative and generate momentum. You eliminate problems by creating solutions. You act as an owner.
- You take responsibility—especially when it’s difficult. You take thoughtful risks. You are a steward of the company’s reputation.
- You are thorough and methodological. You reward the best ideas. You lead by example.
- Collaboration is your standard way of working. You proactively seek diverse perspectives. You give and ask for feedback/advice.
- You have 2+ years of Investment Banking, Management Consulting, or other similar industries; experience in Venture Capital or Startups is a plus
- You have a clear passion for Miami and building its community of technology startups
- You are a self-starter, able to work independently and with a team, driving initiatives to completion with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- You thrive in an unstructured, fast-paced and high-volume work environment, where the business is constantly evolving
- You have strong project management and execution capabilities, with an emphasis on attention to detail, and discipline to organize and prioritize
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You posses excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are a critical thinker, resourceful and a creative problem solver
- You are energetic and dependable, as well as motivated to positively impact the lives of our team members
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus
If interested, please apply here.