Do you want to become an Analyst/Associate in the MENA region for an international venture capital firm and support the most promising startups across 80+ emerging markets?
Who we are
Seedstars is a global organisation with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our 200+ Seedstars are organised around two key activities; 1) talent incubation and 2) VC investing. We incubate talent and high growth ventures through a series of programs from idea stage to early growth stage. We are currently building a platform of funds to be positioned as a key early-stage emerging market VC.
Seedstars International is our global seed stage investment fund with 65+ portfolio companies across 30+ countries. We invest through batches via the Growth Program (post-acceleration program focused on implementing a growth methodology) and support the top percentile of companies in their next funding rounds.
About the job
We are looking for an Analyst / Associate to join the team and support the sourcing, screening and evaluating of the seed stage startups in the MENA region. Moreover, you will support Partners and Principals in deal execution, portfolio management and fundraising, among others. This is a full-stack investment role. This is a remote role.
- Source, screen and close the hottest seed stage deals across South East Asia
- Support our portfolio companies with fundraising and strategic decision making
- Build high-quality relationships with ecosystem enablers, fellow investors and entrepreneurs
- Support the investment team with the analysis of deals across other regions (MENA, Africa, LATAM, CIS)
- Support the team in operational initiatives, such as pipeline management and knowledge capturing / sharing
- Continually find ways to improve our processes across the board
- Passion for venture investing, startups and technology, particularly in emerging markets.
- A “can-do” attitude, strong drive and willingness to learn.
- Flexibility & international exposure – This job only makes sense for someone who is passionate about travelling and excited to go somewhere completely new, often on very little notice.
- Strong belief in getting things done – We are nomads travelling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working remotely with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen.
- You have a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant work experience in a high-performance environment (venture capital, private equity, consulting, high-growth startup).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic. French is a plus.
- Financial acumen and strong analytical skills.
- Prior VC/investment experience is a big plus but not a must.
Why our team members say they love working with us?
- We are on a mission that is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices (read here: seedsta.rs/worldblu)
- Competitive package. Carried interest. Opportunity for internal career progression.
IF interested, please apply here.