Prudential has a longstanding commitment to allocating financial and human resources to address society’s most pressing needs. Prudential’s Inclusive Solutions team leads the company’s efforts for making positive social change core to Prudential’s business. Part of this approach includes an investment group – Prudential Impact and Responsible Investing – that has over the last 44 years invested over $2.5 billion and currently manages a portfolio of approximately $1 billion of AUM. IRI makes investments in a wide range of private asset classes. Approximately half the portfolio is in real assets, with the other half invested in private equity/credit investments. Investments are made both directly in companies/assets as well as indirectly through managers. The portfolio is also split between debt and equity investments and approximately 75% of the portfolio is invested in the United States.
You will be an Investment Analyst supporting both the real assets and the private credit/equity teams, with assignments covering both asset types and range of business sectors in line with our principal impact strategies: financial inclusion, education and reskilling, affordable housing, and transformative development. You will work directly with senior team leaders and deal team leads as well as operations support groups internal to IRI and elsewhere within Prudential.
- Analyze and underwrite investment decisions on behalf of the IRI team, blending both financial and impact analysis of opportunities;
- Responsibilities will consist of, but are not limited to: support of acquisitions, dispositions, development, debt financing, and ongoing portfolio management, preparing cash flow models, sensitivity tables, property valuations, and joint venture structuring;
- Prepare Investment Committee memoranda and related materials through financial analysis, market research, risk analysis, and in-depth understanding of investment factors;
- Support the transaction team during due diligence and closing processes.
- Participate in the asset management, property budget, and strategic plan processes for a portfolio of investments;
- Analyze economic, legal, political and market conditions within assigned areas;
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders: brokers, asset managers, portfolio analysts, and operations/accounting/legal teams from various partners and business relationships;
- Occasional travel to support transactions and attend conferences, etc.
What we are looking for in your background
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 1-3 years relevant work experience;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability;
- Strong interpersonal/communication and business writing skills;
- Understanding of basic financial statements and accounting;
- Financial modeling skills including investment analysis, valuation, and sensitivity analysis
- Understanding of basic financial concepts such as NOI returns, cash flow returns, internal rate of return, present value and discounted cash flow;
- Understanding of equity and credit investment structures and vehicles preferred
- Computer proficiency with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
It’d be a plus if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Real Estate;
- Understanding of basic real estate terms and concepts such as revenues, leases, rents, contracts, operating expenses, capital expenditures, and various property types;
- Experience underwriting or evaluating real estate investment opportunities.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit http://www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
If interested, please apply here.