Who We Are:
Pangaea Ventures is a world leader in advanced materials venture capital. We invest in game changing startups that are moving the needle on big, global challenges. We are an impact investor focused on climate change, food & water security, and improving healthcare. We invest in commercial stage companies with operations based in Canada & the United States. With the launch of our 5th fund, we are expanding our investment team in Vancouver, BC and Phoenix, AZ with both analyst and associate positions available.
Who you are:
We are looking for associates and analysts who are passionate about innovation, hardtech, science, entrepreneurship, and making a positive impact. You are ambitious, employ creative thinking, are a self starter, and comfortable in an unstructured work environment. You will support our team with your strong analytical and research skills. We expect you to be able to extract insights and draw conclusions from incomplete data.
Role & Responsibilities
- Perform market research and analysis to evaluate and understand market trends and develop opinions and recommendations about sectors and trends we should focus on
- Generate high quality deal flow and build relationships with founders, relevant seed fund managers, and accelerator programs
- Help prepare investor reports, investment memos, and other presentations
- Support the investment team on company and market evaluation, due diligence, and reporting
- Contribute to the development of marketing strategies and stakeholder engagement
- Represent Pangaea Ventures and our Portfolio at relevant conferences and other industry events
Our Ideal Candidate is:
- Passionate about innovation, technology, and entrepreneurship
- Aligned with our values (entrepreneurial mindset, team first attitude, lean organization)
- Well-organized with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple deliverables simultaneously
- A self starter who works well independently, but can ask for help when needed
- Naturally curious and loves to learn.
- Polished and professional with strong interpersonal communication, writing, and presentation skills
- One of (i) Post secondary degree in a relevant scientific discipline, PhD or Masters preferred or (ii) MBA or business undergrad degree with strong academic credentials
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in a fast paced, technology-oriented environment. This also can includ highly relevant internships or co-op placements. Prior work with a start-up or VC is a plus, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build long term relationships both internally and externally
- Highly self motivated, able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Legally able to work in either the United States or Canada and travel between the two countries.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral
- Proficiency with excel and financial modeling is a plus, but not required
Interested candidates must submit CV, LinkedIn profile, and a short video (max 2 minutes) outlining why you are interested in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. The video should be submitted as a URL link on your CV. Please include your preferred location (Vancouver or Phoenix) in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until October 15, 2021 at 5pm PT.
We welcome diverse backgrounds and experience, so even if you believe you don’t check every box, we still want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.