NEXT VENTŪRES is a venture capital fund investing in frontier fitness, sports, health and wellness companies. We are a team of three Partners, empowering founders to set the pace of human optimization through innovation. We leverage our collective expertise in this space to discover products, technologies and services that help not only elite and every day athletes perform better and lead healthier lives, but the greater population at large. We’re seeking to hire an investment Analyst who is curious, deeply passionate and a strong individual contributor who is a champion for success.
Learn About Our Partners:
We’re not shy about our passion for sports and pushing the limits of performance. Each of our Partners prides themselves on having storied backgrounds as competitive athletes and this directly translates into the tone of the NEXT VENTŪRES brand, and how we communicate with our people.
🚵🏽♀️ Mel Strong
🏃🏾♂️ Julian Eison
What We Value For This Role — An Athletic Mindset:
An instinctual set of qualities and attitudes held by an athlete that give them competitive advantage qualities like passion, self-discipline, and leadership. This allows us to quickly assess situations in order to propel us toward a goal with precision. The Athletic Mindset gives us tremendous advantage throughout all of our engagements. Just as we proudly bring these qualities to the table, we highly value seeing them in our founders, team and external partners.
About The Investment Analyst Role:
You will be exposed to a wide breadth and depth of VC concepts. You’ll work directly with the Partners conducting research, processing market valuation data, landscape deep dives, and performing comparable company analysis. You’ll research key customer pain points, competitive market dynamics, incumbent technologies, emerging technology trends and help identify promising early stage opportunities. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to assist the team with deal memos and portfolio company support.
What We’re Looking For In You:
- Strong business acumen is required.
- Comfortable with qualitative and quantitative analysis. Must have the ability to work with data and spreadsheets. Financial modeling is not required, but we do value the skill.
- Strong written communication — you will lead the efforts with our newsletters, blog and social media.
- You learn and think fast.
- Strong writing, networking and communication skill. High emotional intelligence.
- 2-5 years of professional experience ideally in: an early stage startup, consulting, technical research, strategy.
- Able to work on a small team.
- Have the ability to synthesize abstract data into a clear investment memo. Our team values precision and clarity. Our investment process is built on our ability to develop deep conviction and understanding of our founders and the corresponding opportunity.
- Collaboration and communication are required as our greater team is remote in MT and PT. We place high value on: diversity, punctuality, respect, honesty, and humility.
- Passionate about the sports, fitness and wellness space.
- We are rigorous and full of grit — you should be complimentary.
- Have a strong understanding and working knowledge of software and consumer products.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
The compensation for this role will be commensurate with the industry average. The role will come with healthcare coverage, including vision and dental.
Remote. SF Bay Area.
How To Apply:
The application will remain open until midnight Pacific time on June 7, 2021. We will review applications and send out interview requests the following week. If you are interested in applying, please do so via this link!