As the corporate venture, development, and commercialization arm of CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, Healthworx is building a portfolio of investments and strategic partnerships with forward-thinking organizations. We are not just reimagining healthcare for the future, we are actively transforming the way it is delivered, supported, and experienced today.
As part of this effort, the Venture Capital Analyst will play a key role in sourcing and evaluating new investment opportunities, executing on investment theses, and supporting our portfolio companies. The ideal candidate will be eager to help us understand how innovative technologies and business models can transform healthcare and improve the quality, convenience, and affordability of care.
By joining Healthworx, the Analyst will become part of a small team of driven, optimistic individuals seeking to improve healthcare – for our members and the world at large. Combining diverse backgrounds, viewpoints, life experiences, and skillsets we seek to be a proactive agent of meaningful change. We are results-driven, constantly learning, unyieldingly curious, radically candid, and consistently humbled by scale of the challenge ahead. We challenge each other because we care. We listen. We build each other up. We get the job done.
The Analyst will take on a broad role across our venture capital and innovation efforts and be expected to work independently, set priorities, and multitask as needed to deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Seek out new investment opportunities. Help the Healthworx team establish our presence and expand our ecosystem among company executives, venture capitalists, service providers, subject matter experts, and others.
- Perform research and analysis of new markets, technologies, and business models. Leverage an unyielding curiosity to help our team keep pace with future trends in healthcare.
- Evaluate potential investment opportunities. Uncover what makes our future portfolio companies special and how we can help de-risk their path forward.
- Execute investments, including deal structuring and financial modeling. Understand and communicate the financial impact and underlying incentives of the deals we participate in.
- Engage with the entrepreneurial community. Be an authentic voice for Healthworx’s mission and vision and build meaningful, lasting relationships.
- Assist and support Healthworx portfolio companies. Act as a true partner to, and advocate for, management teams as they navigate the entrepreneurial journey.
Education Level: Bachelors Degree.
2-3 years of venture capital, management consulting, investment banking, product management, business development with a technology company, or equivalent experience including relevant internships.
Experience in the Healthcare/Healthtech industry and a strong network within the entrepreneurial ecosystem are preferred.
- Focus on developing authentic and meaningful relationships with people.
- Strategic thinking and a penchant for uncovering what is important.
- Curiosity, passion, and a lot of energy.
- Developed financial, quantitative, and analytical skills.
- Understanding of startup company economics and the challenges of the startup journey.
- Working knowledge of venture capital deal structures and valuation models.
- Previous entrepreneurial and business development experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Department: Corporate Venture
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: http://www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
If interested, please apply here.