Frontier Growth (“Frontier”) seeks an intelligent and highly motivated Analyst with strong interest in private equity and enterprise software to help drive the sourcing and market diligence efforts for the firm. Researching, identifying, and engaging with quality companies is the first step in the private equity investment process and as such the Analyst will play a critical role in helping drive investment opportunities for the firm. The position represents a unique opportunity to be a key member of the investment team assuming a wide set of responsibilities. The Analyst will have exposure to senior members of the firm’s Investment Team on a regular basis, providing a comprehensive introduction to private equity investing. The position is located in Charlotte, NC and has a scheduled start date for the Spring or Summer of 2021.
- Identify software companies (“Prospects”) that could potentially be strong investment opportunities for Frontier through thematic and geographically-driven research
- Coordinate tactics for engaging with Prospects, and lead strategic outreach efforts on behalf of the firm
- Collaborate with senior investment team members in creating thesis-driven industry sector analyses of specific markets, and lead the subsequent prospect identification, outreach, and relationship development efforts
- Provide market diligence support in collaboration with Associates and Vice Presidents for high-priority near-term and live deals, including overview of key market trends, competitive analysis, leading expert network calls, as well as identification of potential M&A targets
- Lead planning of sourcing trips, including identification of relevant companies & influencers to meet, outreach to top prospects, and providing pre-meeting research for Frontier attendee(s)
- Coordinate conference logistics, including research and outreach efforts with the goal of setting meetings with high priority Prospects
- Manage Frontier’s investment sourcing technology stack, including CRM and research databases
- Ensure effective and efficient reporting on key pipeline metrics
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier undergraduate institution and strong track record of academic performance
- One or multiple internships working in Investing/Finance, Technology, or Consulting
- Background or interest in the enterprise software industry
- Superior research skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset, ambitious self-starter
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and meet demanding deadlines
- Professional ambition, initiative, team player with proven ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Strong ethics and values
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required; experience with database and research tools such as PitchBook is preferred
About Frontier Growth
Frontier Growth provides support for growth – both investment capital and operational expertise – exclusively for software companies with $8-$25 million in revenue. Frontier was founded with an intentional culture to put People Before Numbers, because it’s people that lead to real growth. With over 20 years of experience and actively investing its 5th fund, Frontier respects that each of their companies represents someone’s life’s work and helps them grow without stifling the innovation that’s made them successful.
If interested, please apply here.