We are EQT Ventures, a global VC built to partner and support the next generation of global winners across every stage — from seed stage to explosive growth. Built by former founders and operators, we’re a distributed team with a “local with locals” approach and teams in Stockholm, London, San Francisco, Berlin, Paris and Amsterdam.
The team is now expanding with a Tech Analyst (full-time) position, based in Berlin. The person holding this role will be an important member of the team that researches industries and trends, works with our proprietary tech and data platform Motherbrain, and helps our deal teams with insights and analyses.
- A successful Research Analyst uses data to find the next generation of tech companies, and enables the investment team to make high quality decisions based on insights and facts.
- Research industries, companies and trend changes in society to give the larger EQT Ventures team a thorough understanding of which start-ups will help shape the future.
- Be a champion of data-driven sourcing: leverage EQT Ventures’ Motherbrain platform to find and figure out which start-ups today will become the global winners of tomorrow.
- Support the deal team in producing investment committee materials.
- Proactively find third party data and transform it into insights.
What we look for
- No education requirement — some of our partners are self-taught and university dropouts.
- Analytical skills — you’re really good at analyzing, modeling, visualizing and making conclusions from large amounts of data.
- Basic programming experience, especially around datasets and applying various kinds of statistical functions and algorithms.
- We think you are more likely to enjoy a book than singing a song on stage, and writing a report rather than presenting it. Almost everyone in our team at the moment are extroverts to different degrees, so it’s a plus if you complement us and are more introverted and detail-oriented.
- Research skills — ability to find and evaluate competitors to a potential investment, research more broad industry trends, develop hypotheses on how specific problems might be solved in the future by one or several companies.
- Communication skills — effectively able to communicate findings and conclusions to the rest of the EQT Ventures team, mainly in writing.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and can work independently and remotely.
- Curious about new technologies, companies, business models, and ways to create sustainable value.
- Work collaboratively and effectively whilst informally in teams in different geographies.
How to apply (important!)
- We realize this is a bit unusual, but in the first step we don’t want your CV or personal letter
- Instead, we have a challenge for you: Please submit a max. 2 page document sharing your thoughts on no-code/low-code tools. It should include an overall look at the trend/sector as well as one segment and company you are particularly excited about.
- Send your document to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than April 30. Please do not include your name in the document itself.
- We will then review the reports and invite the best 5–7 to interview with the team
The Berlin team looks forward to your ideas & analyses!
If interested, please apply here.