500 Startups began investing in the MENA region in 2012. Since that time we’ve made over 180 investments through our 500 Falcons fund and seed accelerator program, establishing the pre imminent early stage fund in the MENA region. In 2021, we’re launching the next phase of 500 Startups in MENA, launching a regional headquarters in Riyadh, continuing our prestigious seed accelerator and educational programs and continuing to invest across stages in the very best founders in the region. We’re looking for best-in-class investment professionals to join our upcoming investment and operations team and create lasting impact for MENA founders. We are connected to a fantastic global team and network of funds spread across over 20 countries and investing in nearly 80 countries. We put founder first, always. We’re a FAST, passionate, curious and values-driven team who truly live and love what we do. We hope you will join us.
- Working with the investment team to proactively identify new investment opportunities and qualify inbound leads for the firm by meeting with entrepreneurs and studying markets.
- Evaluating new investment opportunities through market research, product reviews, competitive analysis, metrics analysis, customer/user reviews, and technical diligence.
- Collaborating with the team to support the 500 MENA portfolio and Global Data team in terms of specific company performance analysis and fund reporting.
- Curating periodical reports summarizing key industry highlights and trends including financing and M&A activities in key sectors
- Supporting fund operations in the creation of periodical internal and external reporting, including but not limited to limited partner reporting and other internal reporting
- Being an active contributor to the entrepreneur community by organizing activities, participating in local events, and looking for ways to help make the team stronger.
This role is accepting candidates based in KSA, UAE, Bahrain, Jordan or Egypt.
- Excellent functional data analysis and financial modeling skills.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively
- Highly organized, shown to meet tight deadlines along with consistent accuracy and attention to detail
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in venture capital, investment banking, or a startup/technology business. .
- Strong written and analytical skills for deal analysis and internal reporting.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Our analysts are meeting with entrepreneurs and other members of the startup community on a regular basis
- Passion for startups and a desire to use technology as an enabler and catalyst to change the world
- Ability to thrive in a FAST, unstructured environment with incomplete data
- An ability to work well within a team and be self-guided on a day-to-day basis.
- Must be a self-starter, solutions oriented, comfortable working with minimal oversight and taking on new tasks on-demand/as needed
- Desire to work with a global team.
If interested, please apply here.