Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Ventures Associate (or Senior Associate) Application – Your First and Last Name.’
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis but with a preference for applications submitted before March 18, 2022. We are unable to do informational interviews at this time, so if in doubt, please apply.
About Powerhouse Ventures
Our mission at Powerhouse Ventures is to identify and support founding teams building innovative software to rapidly transform our global energy and mobility systems. We believe that addressing the climate crisis requires deploying our most viable market-based solutions today.
Who are we looking for?
Powerhouse Ventures is hiring either an Associate or a Senior Associate to serve as a key member of our investment team. This individual will source, evaluate, and support the most innovative early stage startups in clean energy, mobility, and climate.
What you will be working on:
- Market Research: Collaborate on research efforts to proactively identify new investment opportunities
- Sourcing and Pipeline Management: Build and manage sourcing channels and relationships for Powerhouse Ventures deal flow, and help manage and prioritize the startup pipeline
- Deal Evaluation: Support the entire diligence process, including financial analysis, customer calls, and expert interviews
- Post-Investment Support: Help portfolio companies with strategy, fundraising, and connections after investment
- Internal Support: Build and improve internal systems, including fund modeling, CRM management, and metrics collection and analysis
- Fund Administration: Assist fund administration, LP reporting, and fund financials
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree(Industry-relevant Master’s Degree preferred for Senior Associate)
- At least 2 years (Associate) or 5 years (Senior Associate) of relevant full-time experience in clean energy, mobility, and/or climate (venture capital experience preferred for Senior Associate)
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and high EQ
- Strong strategic, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- A willingness to dive into the details and navigate through ambiguity
- Driven and self-directed with outstanding organizational skills
- A passion for building climate solutions and deploying clean energy and next-generation mobility technology
- Industry-relevant technical and engineering backgrounds are a plus
Competitive pay will be offered commensurate with qualifications, and competitive benefits will be provided including comprehensive medical plans, 401(k) plan, flexible time off, and an annual professional development budget.
One of our values is to broaden leadership opportunities for women, people of color, LGBTQ+, and anyone with an experience historically underrepresented in companies, board rooms, and venture funds. We believe that everyone in the industry, and at our fund, has to be committed to to pro-DE&I policies and practices. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, safe, and growth-oriented environment for all members of our team.