At Samsung, we believe that venture capital is an important strategic tool to engage with the world’s best startups globally. Our goal has for long been to develop technology and products that impact and inspire lives around the world, and we are on a constant search for partners to join us for the challenge.
Samsung has several investment teams with a unified perspective – investment in a startup is one of the first steps in working with a startup. The ultimate goal is always to make sure that a startup is successful in getting on a Samsung platform.
Our investments tend to focus on startups that either bring innovation to one of Samsung’s existing core big businesses (Semiconductors, Mobile, Consumer Electronics, etc.) or help the company building a new one (Digital Health, Autonomous Driving, Artificial Intelligence, etc.).
We believe innovation has no boundaries, as we’re working to engage with innovators and entrepreneurs to accelerate development of future technologies. Samsung has been a successful investor for more than 20 years and is considered today among the top three global corporate investor with more than $2B under management and with various stages of investments – from seed to later stage. Samsung’s portfolio companies have gained great success and were involved in more than 50 IPOs and 20 M&As.
Samsung Catalyst Fund (SCF) investments span across Mobile & Cloud Services, DeepTech Infrastructure, Biology + Tech, and Safety & Security. Through Samsung Catalyst Fund, entrepreneurs are enabled by Samsung’s global brand, manufacturing and distribution, domain expertise, recruiting network, and world-class Innovation Fellows for advice and mentorship.
SCF is a global fund with offices in Menlo Park (California), New York, Berlin, Paris, Tel Aviv and Seoul.
Key Qualities To Succeed
The ideal candidate should have a passion for emerging technologies including data and deep learning/AI, cloud, smart machines, and robotics; digital health; sensors/processors and other semiconductor technologies, combined with having experienced working through mid to high complex analysis with high standard qualities reported up to executives’ teams.
That person should also be comfortable working with executives and can work effectively across a wide range of internal teams globally.
- Actively engage with the German / Europe startups ecosystem, including companies, entrepreneurs, VCs, CVCs, service providers to the community (accounting and law firms), as well as ecosystem event attendance, to source new investment ideas.
- Identify, source, and analytically evaluate new investment opportunities, including technology deep dive.
- Support senior investment team members in development of investment theses, due diligence, deal negotiation and execution.
- Deal flow and portfolio internal reporting.
- Interaction with portfolio companies and Samsung business units overseas.
- Support Samsung / Samsung Catalyst Funds local initiatives (e.g. – Samsung innovation events).
- Engineering / computer science / physics degree is a must; MBA degree is a plus.
- Experience in a startup or consulting firm is expected / Experience in the VC space is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and fast learner.
- Team player and good communicator with good presentation’s skills.
- Entrepreneurial drive, highly motivated with track record of doing beyond what asked.
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is required.
If interested, please apply here.