Anzu Partners is a venture capital firm that invests in breakthrough industrial technologies. We team with entrepreneurs to develop and commercialize technological innovations by providing capital and deep expertise in business development, market positioning, global connectivity, and operations. We focus on four key industrial areas: manufacturing, materials, monitoring and measurement, and modeling.
Anzu manages ~$350 million in capital commitments and we have developed a robust team of investment professionals, technical specialists, and operational support to drive results for our portfolio companies and investors. In 2016, we launched Anzu Industrial Capital Partners, L.P., our first fund, to invest in North American-based private industrial technology companies.
In April 2019, we announced the launch of our second industrial technology fund, Anzu Industrial Capital Partners II L.P., which follows a similar investment strategy.
Anzu Partners has offices in Boston, MA, San Diego, CA, Washington, DC and Tampa, FL.
About the role
The Senior Associate will join our Investment team and focus on identification, diligence, and support of startup companies who are developing products and services in industrially oriented hardware and software.
Areas of focus will include:
- Next generation manufacturing technologies, including additive manufacturing
- Novel materials, including nanomaterials
- Robotics and automation solutions
- AI, Edge computing, Machine learning, and complex data analysis/simulation
- New Measurement and sensing technologies, including in innovations in optics and photonics
- Sourcing – you will form strong networks with entrepreneurs, researchers, and investors to actively identify new, promising technology companies.
- Technical and Scientific Due Diligence – you will evaluate prospective investments by researching new technologies, participating in pitch calls, evaluating market trends, communicating with subject matter experts, and analyzing business metrics.
- Portfolio Support – you will work directly with our portfolio companies on a broad range of functional areas – product development, commercialization, and operations, amongst others.
- MS/PhD in a computer science or mechanical engineering required.
- Experience with additive manufacturing required.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience with exposure to business analysis or research & development – whether in investment banking, venture capital, start-ups, management consulting, or a mature technology company.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and generate the quantitative data and qualitative evidence required to make an investment recommendation.
- Exceptional communication skills, in writing and presentation.
- Active security clearance preferred
If interested, please apply here.