Santé is a leading early-stage venture capital firm founded in 2006, with offices in Austin and Boston. We invest at the intersection of science and technology, catalyzing disruptive opportunities across Biotech, MedTech and HealthTech. Combining extensive healthcare industry experience with deep scientific and technical expertise, we pursue innovative new opportunities to improve lives and generate returns. At Santé, we fuel entrepreneurs and form next-generation companies which shape the future of patient care, delivering better healthcare outcomes at a lower total cost to the system. Our expertise spans cellular biology, pharmaceutical drug development, device design and engineering, physician and hospital leadership, and public policy.
Our investment philosophy of disciplined fund size, significant ownership positions, and diversified life sciences exposure has proven successful, as our funds have consistently generated top quartile returns for our investors. The firm has nearly $1BN under management and is investing out of Santé Health Ventures IV (a 2021 vintage fund) which follows the same successful investment strategy as our prior funds.
Santé is seeking to add a Senior Analyst to perform a critical role in supporting the General Partners and investment professional team with market/industry research and analysis, deal sourcing, due diligence efforts, and monitoring and assisting portfolio company management.
This position will be based in downtown Austin, Texas.
This Senior Analyst will join our close-knit team of investment professionals and will be an essential contributor to the firm’s development of new investment opportunities. This position presents a candidate with a unique opportunity to receive mentorship yet work independently in a loosely structured entrepreneurial environment.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate intellectual curiosity paired with humility and have 2+ years of work experience, preferably in Investment Banking, Private Equity, or Venture Capital at an established firm. While interest in healthcare is a plus, prior healthcare experience is not necessary.
- Assist with all stages of due diligence including financial modeling, market & competitive analysis, and conducting primary & secondary research
- Support existing portfolio company investments through ongoing analysis and reviews with the investment professional team
- Build and maintain complex financial and portfolio company budget models
- Prepare presentation materials to support investment recommendations
- Assist with firm’s fundraising efforts
- Maintain updated operating and financial information for each portfolio company, including capital structure, financial projections, etc.
- Support the execution of deals including external coordination with portfolio company constituents
- Manage ad hoc research projects per the priorities of the firm
Qualifications and Experience:
- Two (2) plus years of experience in top-tier investment banking, or venture capital/private equity
- Undergraduate degree in science, engineering or business administration with a demonstrated record of exceptional academic achievement
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills, highly proficient in Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to effectively translate complex concepts
- Ability to work independently and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Professional attitude and service orientation; team player
- High energy, self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Located in or willing to relocate to live and work in Austin, TX
If interested, please apply here.