Ocean Investment is a Single Family Office based in Berlin. Jan Beckers is a serial entrepreneur and successful investor across asset classes. Besides a stellar track record in private markets, he also co founded BIT Capital, asset management firm with the best performing public fund in Europe in 2020.
We are looking for a (Senior) Crypto Investment Analyst (m/f/d) to join our team in Berlin or remotely.
From Day 1, you will combine a deep understanding of core cryptonetworks and technology business models while building out Ocean Investment’s resources, including alternative datasets and proprietary software tools, to help us deliver best-in-class investment returns. You will assume ownership for the coverage of the bitcoin, blockchain and wider crypto industry worldwide, and your research will directly influence portfolio management decisions at our family office. You will help us understand and invest in early stage opportunities and trends in crypto that we can explore with greater flexibility than funds with fixed mandates. Ideally, you will leverage your technical capabilities to build up infrastructure required to directly engage with crypto applications in DeFi and beyond.
You should be immensely passionate about crypto, comfortable with entrepreneurial work environments and looking to rapidly accelerate your career in investing and crypto.
- You remain up-to-date with the latest developments in the crypto ecosystem, cultivating relationships with key people, tracking the main publications, attending relevant conferences, etc.
- You are responsible for idea generation, news coverage and data monitoring, proactively identifying opportunities for alpha generation
- You source and conduct due diligence on early stage investment opportunities in cryptonetworks and related businesses before they become mainstream
- You conduct bottom-up fundamental research in technology companies operating in the bitcoin & crypto ecosystem worldwide
- You perform financial modeling and valuation, using all available data sources to better understand and forecast company and cryptonetwork KPIs
- You identify and evaluate key valuation drivers, thematic views, industry trends, and idiosyncratic questions
- You use your technical capabilities and investor mindset to support initiatives to further improve research and portfolio management capabilities at Ocean Investment, by e.g.: seeking, evaluating and integrating innovative services and datasets including onchain data, contributing to our fundamental quantitative models and supporting the development of proprietary tools and infrastructure
- Strong academic track record in any field – an advanced degree would be a plus but is not mandatory
- Prior experience in investment research or venture capital.
- Strong quantitative and financial modeling skills
- Industry knowledge and extensive network in the crypto ecosystem
- You know your way around Crypto Twitter and are able to navigate contracts on Etherscan
- Some programming skills for data extraction and analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (fluent in English; German preferable but not required; additional languages are an asset)
- Startup experience is a big plus
- You are passionate about investing, crypto and business strategy
- You are a team player, seeking to thrive in a collaborative, high-performance, transparent culture
- You keep an open adaptive mind and are keen to adjust hypotheses in a continuously changing market environment
- You are self-driven and entrepreneurial, ready to go the extra mile to deliver the best results for our investors
- You value integrity and fiduciary duty above personal gains
Expect an exciting environment – with real impact, a great team, and strong personal development. Just submit your CV, a motivation letter, and a write-up with an actionable investment idea. We look forward to meeting you!