RTL Ventures Principal – Job description
RTL Ventures is hiring a venture partner to join the firm at the Principal level in its small but dynamic team as it moves to raise and establish RTL Ventures as a premier early-stage fintech fund in the US. RTL Ventures has launched 3 equity crowdfunds and 1 more traditional early-stage VC fund with outstanding results. RTL Ventures – Fintech & Insurtech Fund is a new $25MM-$35MM financial technology-specific venture fund and will begin fundraising in March 2022.
RTL Ventures Fintech & Insurtech fund will receive all of the deal flow from the RevTechLabs (QCFintech & RTL Insurtech) accelerator program and will have preferred access to the deal flow from RevTechLabs ILP (International Landing Pad Program) program and its Venture 135 conference which is now the largest venture event in the Southeast US every year.
This individual should love working with passionate founders and getting deeply embedded into an entrepreneurial ecosystem. While fundraising, this individual should continually be networking with potential limited partners, advancing conversations forward, and driving the fund towards certain close goals. Post fundraising, this individual should assist in the deal sourcing and vetting process with the investment committee.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The role will act as the COO for the management of the fund responsible for the day-to-day operations and all administrative workflow.
- Segment, target, and develop a network of strong relationships with high net worth individuals, and venture capital and family offices.
- To conduct due diligence and prepare/review materials to be presented to the investment committee. This role will sit on the IC of the fund.
- To develop a thoughtful business development/community outreach plan in order to grow awareness of the RTL Ventures opportunity and generate meaningful leads.
- Manage all 3rd party relationships with fund administrators, bank partners, legal firms, and auditors.
- To contribute positively to the RTL Ventures teams and collaborate with all founders within the RevTechLabs eco-system.
- Experience with and expertise with the inner working and operations of venture fund management.
- Experience and knowledge of raising capital within the venture capital world.
- Experience with early stage venture investment committee and due diligence process.
- Passion for working with entrepreneurs and a growing entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Interest in the Fintech & Insurtech ecosystem in US.
- Exceptional listening, communication, and presentation skills with a track record of collaborating with senior management.
- Charlotte location preferred but open to remote locations for the right candidate.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience and this position will be eligible to be part of the GP pool.
Fundraising for this second fund will start in February 2022 with a target of $25-$35m focused on the Fintech & Insurtech space.
More information about RevTechLabs can be found here. https://www.revtechlabs.co/
Candidates can apply via LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2896813667
Job Type: Full-time