AI is the new electricity: Just as electricity transformed numerous industries starting 100 years ago, AI is now poised to do the same. AI Fund is a venture studio founded by Dr. Andrew Ng in 2017. Our portfolio companies utilize AI technology and applications to improve processes and efficiency. The AI Fund team combines their experiences as AI pioneers, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, investors, and operators. We are backed by a $176 million-dollar fund from top-tier VC firms.
Our purpose is to build AI companies that move humanity forward.
What We Seek:
We are looking for an energetic Principal to join our investment team and support our process of building companies. As company builders, founders and investors ourselves we are looking to add a top new talent to our investment team. We welcome candidates who possess a growth mindset, strong analytical skills and ability to handle ambiguity. You will be responsible for driving projects forward until either they are falsified (and ended) or smoothly transitioned to a newly found company.
What You Will be Doing:
- Carry out early product validation. You will be responsible for working with Andrew and our leadership team to quickly validate or falsify specific ideas. This may involve product work, such as carrying out user interviews or carrying out quick user studies, deep dives into technology, and/or fleshing out an initial product vision.
- Build a business case. For ideas that seem promising, you will be responsible for building a case for the business, including such elements as a TAM/SAM/SOM analysis, initial business model and initial GTM strategy, and compiling a pitch deck-like document that synthesizes the main thesis of the business.
- Assist with bringing on FIR (Founder in Residence). You will play an instrumental role in explaining the business idea to potential founders, helping them understand the potential of the business, and working to bring on a strong FIR to carry the business forward through a 3-4 month FIR consulting period.
- Support FIR and AI Fund leadership through initial phases of the project. AI Fund and the FIR will meet regularly during the FIR period. You will be responsible for coming to these meetings and playing a coordination and program management role to make sure necessary resources are made to the FIR, as well as drive follow up needed to move the business forward.
- Support AI Fund investment decision at conclusion of FIR period. You will be helping to build a case for whether AI Fund should invest.
What You Must Bring:
- MBA degree from top tier program with superior academic performance, or equivalent business experience.
- Able to work well with senior executives in way that makes efficient use of their time
- Technical undergraduate degree (engineering, math, science, and/or computer science)
- Market research experience including competitive market mapping, trend analysis and TAM/SAM/SOM analysis.
- Previous experience working in a high-tech start-up
- Proactive self-starter with strong work ethic
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Natural analytical ability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong desire to work in deal generation/sourcing investment environment and help early stage companies grow
- Strong writing skills
Nice to Haves
- Product experience at a tech company or a hi-tech start-up
- AI and/or ML knowledge at a conceptual level at a minimum
- Previous experience working in investment banking analyzing various companies/business problems or top management consulting firms working with companies in a strategic or operational level
If interested, please apply here.