COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description:Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control is a business area of Lockheed Martin Corp., (NYSE:LMT) the global leader in aerospace and technology solutions for the defense industry. At Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control, our mission is to provide our customers with the most advanced, proven platforms and technologies.
To achieve these goals, Lockheed Martin is consistently looking forward to the development of advanced technologies and capabilities. Missiles and Fire Control is looking for a highly skilled, motivated, and technically knowledgeable Ventures Investment Lead that will be responsible for identifying and sourcing business venture investments. This function requires an executive presence as the candidate will be representing Lockheed Martin to C-Suite management of the target companies, presenting potential ventures targets with detailed analysis and recommendation to the LM Corporate Ventures Team and MFC Senior Leadership for applicability, relevance, and technical advancement that support Lockheed Martin Strategic initiatives. Come join a growing and influential team that brings technological advancements and high ROI for Lockheed Martin.
- Reports to the M&A / Business Ventures Senior Manager
- Work closely with Corporate Development, Strategy, Business Development, Program Management, Engineering & Technology, Finance, Global Supply Chain, Operations and Legal to evaluate opportunities, prepare review materials, and gain senior executive level approvals to proceed with transaction(s)
- Sourcing of potential Business Ventures targets that have innovative technological relevancy to support the short-term and long-term strategic objectives of Missiles and Fire Control.
- Act as the stand-alone MFC Point of Contact for Business Ventures Target C-Suite level Executive Teams, Internal Technical Subject-Matter Experts, LM Corporate Ventures Team, Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control Senior Leadership Team.
- Lead deal evaluations and target company C-Suite / MFC SLT interactions from introduction to deal close.
- Act as the MFC Representative at all major conferences to source new potential targets.
- Support successful post-transaction integration of Business Ventures targets into the Lockheed Martin organizational structure.
- Manage a $200K – $450K IRAD through the MFC Ventures Committee.
- Participate in executive level quarterly meetings on new M&A targets and business ventures with intimate interaction with Senior Leadership and presenting Business Ventures opportunities for review and approval.
- Must be a team player and able to prioritize responsibilities from Senior Manager directives.
This role requires an executive presence, a large degree of self-direction and the ability to drive Business Ventures targets to closure with a variety of stakeholders, ranging from peers to executive leadership.
This role may also support the identification, qualification, and evaluation of M&A targets in concert with Lockheed Martin Corporate Development.
Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet and maintain eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Economics, or similar)
- Minimum 8 years direct experience in Mergers & Acquisitions, Venture Capital Investing, or Strategic Investments/Complex Financial and Strategic Analysis
- Minimum 5 total years of finance OR transaction-oriented roles
- Demonstrated experience in strategic and financial analysis
- Demonstrated experience and comfort in presenting to executive management
- Exceptional technical financial modeling skills
- Exceptional presentation skills (PowerPoint, Excel skills)
- Entrepreneurial drive and a desire for business growth
- Team-Player with a self-starter attitude
- Experience working at an investment banking firm or leading corporate or business unit Venture Capital activities/projects
- A Masters’ degree in a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in the identification, qualification, diligence and execution of Corporate Venture Capital and other strategic transactions or assessments
- Experience leading large cross-functional teams in connection with Corporate Venture Capital transactions (formal or informal leadership experience)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
If interested, please apply here.