Atomic is a venture studio with a $260 million fund exclusively dedicated to company building. Our team dramatically speeds and scales the process of building successful companies by bringing together ideas, capital, resources, and talent under one roof. We team up with the best founders to build the largest and fastest growing companies our industry has ever seen. Bungalow, Found, Homebound, OpenStore, and Replicant were built at Atomic, along with Hims & Hers (NYSE: HIMS), which went from launch to a $3 billion public company in three years. Described by Forbes as “The Pixar of Silicon Valley”, Atomic is building dozens of companies in Miami and San Francisco.
Atomic is a place for anyone with an entrepreneurial spirit to build, launch, and scale products and companies solving painful problems in huge markets.
What You’ll Do:
- Define the path to Series A and beyond: know which investors to reach out to and what they will look for, and work with our companies to build the best path forward.
- Tell our companies’ stories: work with founders to position their companies across qualitative and quantitative dimensions. How do they fit within current trends, industries, and competitive landscape? What makes them special? What will excite investors?
- Position for valuation outcomes: use both the art and science of valuing companies, and the tradeoffs of raise amount, valuation, and stage, to best position our companies for success, both for the upcoming milestone and the ones to follow.
- Run effective fundraise processes: plan outreach, contact, schedule, and prepare for meetings and diligence; and work with legal teams to draft, negotiate, and complete documentation.
- Prepare presentations, data rooms, and financial models: take lead on structuring, creating and filling out presentations, and preparing other data room content such as financial models and operating metrics summaries.
- Know the landscape: keep up to date with private and public market and industry trends, with a clear sense of where the wind may be blowing so we can trim our sails.
- Build trusted networks with investors, including early-stage, growth, crossover, and public.
- Investor relations: help our companies manage reporting and engagement with their boards, including preparation of board materials; help Atomic GPs with fund budgets, financial review of the portfolio companies, and investment decisions.
Who You Are:
- 2-4 years experience in early-stage private fundraising in venture capital.
- ‘Full-stack’ thought partner, connecting high-level concepts with detailed metrics.
- Valuation expert, knowing the full range of frameworks used by investors.
- Deal execution lead, having owned many fundraise or m&a transactions end-to-end.
- Fluent in financial modeling and operating metrics, able to take the latest of both and prepare them for presentations and data room exhibits.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Financial and legal tactician: able to drive negotiation of a term sheet, understanding not just the text but the practical impact of it, and have a feel for push/pull in the negotiation process.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with business partners, department leads, and finance peers; seen as a trusted advisor by everyone from interns to CEOs.
- Ability to multi-task across companies and functions, with a high degree of comfort with the less-structured environments and existential stakes that are typical of early stage companies.
- Humble, with a hands-on attitude and willingness to dig in the weeds
- Passion to build and a strong drive to change how companies go from 0 to 1, and 1 to 100.
What You’ll Get:
- A key role at the premier venture studio
- Exposure to early stage companies; you might get to be at the start of the next big thing
- We’ll make sure you see a lot of growth in your skill set
- Our team is distributed across North America with offices in Miami and San Francisco. You have the flexibility to work in the way that makes you the most productive.
- Competitive compensation (salary + equity) and generous benefits
If interested, please apply here.