Alpha Intelligence Capital, an early-stage AI/ML venture capital firm, is seeking to add to its investment team.
We are a global venture capital firm with team members based in the US, Europe, and Asia. We invest in companies across the world that deploy deep algorithmic science in their products and services. Our core focus is on companies in the Series A to Series D spectrum that are using AI to solve real business problems. Our team is comprised of experienced founders and investors with decades of investment experience in early-stage startups.
As a member of our team, you will play a critical role in the core investment work of the firm with a primary focus on North American investments. You will support the firm’s due diligence efforts, monitor and assist portfolio companies, research and develop investment themes to refine our firm’s expertise in these areas, and help source new investments. We are very intentional about growing our team and believe in an apprenticeship model.
The role is intended to be full-time and preferably based in the Bay Area (but can be elsewhere in the US for the right candidate).
- Increasing the firm’s competitive advantage through differentiated, focused approaches to sourcing and diligencing compelling investments in the AI / ML space. Building trust within the firm through teamwork and adopting a one-firm spirit are critical.
- Driving deal evaluation, including detailed customer and management references, market sizing and mapping, financial modeling, and industry research.
- Sourcing new early-stage investments by nurturing meaningful relationships with founders, investors, and the broader venture capital community.
- Developing expertise in key AI/ML subsectors while also building a depth of knowledge across a wide range of business models.
- Collaborating with teammates to push the collective thinking in key thesis areas.
- Contributing to building the firm’s brand (alongside your own) as well as improving our internal processes. We, like our startups, are always seeking to iterate on how to operate at our best.
What we’re looking for:
- 2-10 years of experience in some combination of PE / VC (investments), structured training (consulting / banking), and product / operations (startups).
- Advanced degrees in either technology or business (MBA)
- AI / ML knowledge, at least at a conceptual level
- Technical background would be a ‘nice to have’, including technical undergraduate degrees (engineering, math, science, and / or computer science)
- Critically, the ideal candidate will have the experience or the demonstrated ability to form meaningful connections with entrepreneurs and ‘carry’ an investment from sourcing to investment to eventual exit.
If interested, please apply here.