At Primary, MBA Associates play a big role in helping the team gain a deep understanding of macro trends and new markets to explore investment opportunities. We believe in diving deep into industries and having our MBA Associates become experts on specific markets and business models. For the fall semester ahead, we are searching for MBA Associates who can partner with us to explore investment theses, diligence new potential investments, and amplify the output of the investment team with additional value-add to our Portfolio Impact team. This program is for the duration of the fall semester and will be entirely remote with an expected commitment of roughly 20 hours per week.
This role is ideal for anyone interested in pursuing a career in Venture Capital or entrepreneurship. You will be invited to partner meetings, investment pitches, and contribute to our due diligence processes to have full exposure to life at Primary. You’ll be welcomed to the team from day one and have a chance to work on significant firmwide projects. Given the autonomy we give to our MBA Associates, our ideal team member looks a little like this:
- You are currently in an MBA program (or graduating from an MBA program) and have preferably worked in a fast-paced work environment in industries within, but not limited to, consulting, tech/product, VC, or PE prior to school.
- You’re eager to learn and can quickly get up to speed on a topic you’re unfamiliar with and can form a clear view of a particular industry.
- You are a clear communicator who has the ability to speak with anyone from CEOs to customers of companies that we are evaluating.
- You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and participate in event planning, creating surveys, or sending out prospecting emails on behalf of the Primary team or portfolio companies.
- You enjoy reading up on startup/tech trends and are involved in entrepreneurial or venture organizations on campus, or have tinkered with your own startup ideas.
- You have the ability to build conviction and voice your opinion even when others on the team may disagree with you.
- You figure sh*t out and can work independently. We don’t need to hold your hand to figure out what you have to do next but will be there to support you when needed.
If this opportunity sounds like something you’d be interested in, please send your resume, LinkedIn profile, and concise answers to the questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you!
– Why are you interested in the MBA Associate role at Primary?
– If you had to invest behind one macro trend today, what would it be?
– Would you rather focus on B2C or B2B investing? Do you have experience in the field?
– What is an early-stage seed investment (B2B or B2C) that Primary should evaluate today?
– What is your favorite startup founded in NYC?
– What’s an example of a strong business model to you and why?
To keep up to date with Primary, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter.