Built on 28 years of climate technology experience, Voyager Ventures invests in exceptional technology companies creating the foundations of a new, decarbonized economy. We are a team of experienced investors, founders, company-builders and policy makers who know how to invest and build for scale. Since 2015, Voyager’s founders have invested in more than 25 early-stage climate technology companies in North America and Europe. We bring our expertise, experience and networks to accelerate the success of ambitious early-stage founding teams in North America and Europe, investing in deep tech, biotech and software companies driving decarbonization worldwide.
Launched on Earth Day 2021, Voyager is currently investing out of two funds and is based in San Francisco and New York.
About the Role
We are a small team accustomed to getting things done. To move even more quickly, we seek a Summer Associate to support Voyager’s investment work and the firm’s growing portfolio of early-stage climate technology companies.
Location: Flexible / Remote. Preference for SF Bay Area, NYC or Boston.
- In the course of the summer, support the full lifecycle of Voyager’s investment work from origination to close.
- Post-close, support and accelerate the success of Voyager portfolio companies.
- Publicly represent Voyager in the media, at events, and with Voyager partners.
- Support internal operations as requested.
Tactical Investment Management
- In the course of the summer, support the full lifecycle of investing, from deal origination and screening through diligence to closing.
- Originate potential investments through proactive relationships and conversations with founders, academic institutions, accelerators, fellow investors, and overall network in North America and Europe.
- Guide and manage Analysts’ support throughout the research and investment process.
- Lead technical diligence of novel climate technologies in partnership with leading academic research teams and industry experts.
- Support investment memo preparation.
- Support deal closing logistics.
Investment Thesis Formulation
- In collaboration with Analysts, Partners and Associates, assist with formulation of investment theses regarding trends in markets and emerging technologies.
- Guide market research and analysis, both financial and technical.
- Post-close, provide analytical support to accelerate the success of teams across the Voyager portfolio.
- Assist with business development on behalf of Voyager portfolio companies.
- Represent Voyager in the media, at events, conferences, pitch competitions, with founders, fellow investment teams, academic institutions, governments, non-profits, and other Voyager partners.
- Current enrollment in an advanced degree in finance, business administration, science, or engineering from a top North American or European university. This is a seasonal role.
- More than five years’ total work experience, ideally with at least two years of experience in financial services (VC, PE or investment banking) or management consulting. Applicants who have taken P&L responsibility in founding and operating a company (whether successful or not) will also be considered.
- Outstanding research and analytical skills. Experience with cash flow modeling and venture valuation techniques.
- Interest in building a personal brand in climate tech investing alongside Voyager.
- Detail orientation and organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to produce polished presentations for publication, internal use, and investor relations.
- Curiosity. Flexibility. Positive, proactive, and self-motivated approach.
- Interest in mentoring and managing Analysts.
- Commitment to climate stabilization and genuine excitement regarding emerging climate technologies.
If interested, please apply here.