Overton Venture Capital is hiring two full-time MBA interns to join our team this summer.
Overton Venture Capital (www.overtonvc.com) is a seed-stage venture capital firm investing in consumer and enterprise companies building exceptional next-gen brands and services at the intersection of digital and physical worlds. We’re particularly interested in companies that layer technology over daily life transforming how the real-world works. We act not only as investors, but as partners, bringing our significant talent and operational capabilities to help our portfolio companies grow.
We are seeking two full-time summer associates who are ambitious self-starters with a winning attitude. This is an invaluable opportunity to gain exposure to key areas of venture capital including sourcing, investment analysis, partner meetings, deal execution, and portfolio support.
Candidates should have a strong interest in learning about the venture capital industry and a passion for entrepreneurship and working with early-stage companies. We are a small team where interns will have the opportunity to own workflows and have an outsized impact. This is an unpaid 8 week internship; however, a stipend will be awarded upon completion of the internship. There may be an opportunity to extend the internship during the fall semester.
As of now, this internship will be remote.
This summer you will:
• Screen and help evaluate investment pipeline
• Assist with investment due diligence including market and competitive landscape research
• Work with Overton portfolio companies on ad hoc projects
• Complete sector-specific “deep dive” and help identify opportunity areas for investment
• Participate in networking events and attend virtual startup demo days
• Currently enrolled in a Master’s program (MBA preferred) with at least 3 years of full-time, post-college work experience
• Demonstrated interest in startups and technology
• Experience in financial modeling and data analytics tools
• Strong presentation skills and proficiency in PowerPoint
• Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
• Motivated, hardworking team player who is able to work autonomously
• Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
To apply, please complete our application here by Tuesday, March 1. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and will follow up directly if your background and experience is a fit.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.