Origin Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm that partners with elite founding teams to build disruptive companies in the Digital Native Economy. The firm has backed market leading software and marketplace companies like Grubhub (NYSE: GRUB), Cameo, Fountain, Tock (acquired by NYSE: SQSP), Tovala, 15Five, BacklotCars (acquired by NYSE: KAR), and many others. The team is composed of former founders, operators and engineers. Origin Ventures has offices in all four continental U.S. time zones, investing in the U.S. and Canada.
In collaboration with the entire investment team, the Summer Associate will participate in all phases of the investment process, including:
- Deal sourcing – using professional networks (entrepreneurs, universities, incubators, industry peers) and data to proactively identify interesting investment opportunities for the firm
- Screening – conducting initial phone and in-person meetings with founders and management teams
- Due diligence – market sizing, industry research, sector analysis, competitive analysis, financial modeling, background and reference checks
- Support investment team in negotiation and investment execution
- Synthesizing information to develop an investment memoranda
- Work with individual portfolio companies in support of Origin board members
- Execute various projects as needed, including developing and researching investment theses
This is a 10+ week long paid internship. We are a remote-first organization and are open to applicants from across the continental US. Start date is flexible; we expect candidates to commit to 10+ consecutive weeks full-time between the months of May and September 2022.
- 3-5 years of prior work experience
- Track record of exceptional academic and professional achievement
- Passion for emerging technology of the Internet, early stage technology businesses, and investing
- Must possess a deep intellectual curiosity, and desire to apprentice with experienced partners
- Strong professional network in startup and/or venture capital community preferred
- Impeccable work ethic, attention to detail, and ability to build trusted relationships are critical to success
If interested, please apply here.