We’re seeking to hire a summer intern who is curious, data-centric and deeply passionate about health & wellness innovation. This internship will last for three months.
About NEXT VENTŪRES:
NEXT VENTŪRES is an early-stage, thesis driven fund that invests in human optimization. Our mission is to partner with founders and companies best positioned to democratize access to solutions that enable the manifestation of the “healthy consumer”. We believe that these solutions cover a wide spectrum that includes the optimization of physical, mental, social and financial wellness, serving as the core components that will undergird the conscious, communal shift toward a healthier future. For a more comprehensive view on where we are inquisitive, see below:
- NEXT VENTŪRES market map – visual depiction of the opportunity areas that predicate our thesis
- NEXT VENTŪRES newsletter – coverage of prominent investment themes within the health & wellness space
Learn About Our Team:
We’re not shy about our passion for health & wellness. Each of our team members prides themselves on having storied backgrounds as competitive athletes and this directly translates into the tone of the NEXT VENTŪRES brand, and how we communicate with our people.
🚵🏽♀️ Mel Strong
🏃🏾♂️ Julian Eison
What We Value For This Role:
Passion, integrity, ability to function as a self-starter and a growth mindset. Being able to “move without the ball”, or perform with minimal overarching guidance, is of great importance to our team. Additionally, we value an endless appetite for learning and the ability to develop a voice on particular topics of expertise.
About The VC Internship Role:
You will be exposed to a wide breadth and depth of VC concepts. You will work directly with our full team to augment the fund’s technical diligence processes, gaining broad access to stage, sector and valuation data analysis.
In addition data-centric projects, you’ll also gain experience researching key customer pain points, competitive market dynamics, incumbent technologies and emerging technology trends. You’ll also have the opportunity to assist the team with deal memos and portfolio company support.
Candidate will report into Jordan Pascasio for the duration of the internship.
What We’re Looking For In You:
- 2-5 years of professional experience ideally in: an early stage startup, consulting, technical research, strategy
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the venture landscape
- Experience working in a data-driven environment and building internal analytics tooling
- Fluency with SQL, Python
- Fluency with BI tools (ex. Looker, Google Data Studio, Tableau)
- Ability to work with spreadsheets. Financial modeling is not required, but we do value the skill
- Strong written communication — as a part of the internship scope, you will not only curate quantitative insights to support our content generation, but also have the opportunity to qualitatively contribute to long-form pieces
- You learn and think fast
- Strong networking and communication skills. High emotional intelligence
- Able to work on a small team
- Collaboration and communication are required as our greater team is remote in MT and PT
- We place high value on: diversity, punctuality, respect, honesty, and humility
- We are rigorous and full of grit — you should be complimentary
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Remote. SF Bay Area.
How To Apply:
The application will remain open until midnight PT on Friday May 13th, 2022. We will review applications and send out interview requests the following week. If you are interested in applying, please do so via this link!