Avanta Ventures is the venture capital arm of CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer. As an affiliate of CSAA Insurance Group, Avanta Ventures is aligned with one of the top personal lines property and casualty insurance underwriters in the United States, and part of the AAA ecosystem that serves over 53 million members.
We are early-stage, thematic investors with a focus across three key areas
- Insurtech – using disruptive technologies to create customer-centric insurance solutions
- Mobility – reinventing personal and commercial mobility through new data, connectivity, and platform technologies
- Adjacencies – sectors that align with and leverage key attributes of insurance
Beyond investment dollars, Avanta Ventures provides its portfolio companies with deep industry expertise, strategic guidance and unique partnership opportunities.
Over the course of the program, you’ll work closely with the team to create an investment thesis and develop your own point of view around a specific focus area. As part of this process, you’ll do the research to understand industry trends, map out the ecosystem value chain, and identify and diligence attractive investment opportunities. Working alongside the team, you’ll have the opportunity to actively engage with the startup ecosystem, including founders and other venture capital investors.
You will also be involved in supporting core investment processes from deal sourcing to diligence to execution. At the end of the program, in addition to presenting your investment thesis and recommendations to the team, you’ll walk away with a first-hand understanding of the venture investing process.
Who You Are
- You have an entrepreneurial mind-set with a passion for technology and start-ups
- You are highly analytical, logical and enjoy leveraging data to draw conclusions
- You can effectively work in an independent, structured and goal-oriented manner
- You are hungry, disciplined and a self-starter
- You are humble and enjoy working as part of a team.
- You have past experience in strategy consulting, investment banking, private equity or venture capital
- You are actively enrolled in accredited MBA degree from a top university
- Shows respect for differences through exemplary communication skills with people from an array of backgrounds.
- Paid 12-week full time summer internship
- Must be eligible to work in the US
Let’s work together
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Our differences, visible and invisible, make every individual at CSAA Insurance Group unique and valuable. We strive to foster a culture where all employees feel a sense of belonging and can leverage their differences to thrive. We believe in embracing our unique identities, experiences, and points of view to advance our company and reflect our communities and members.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please contact TalentAcquisition@csaa.com.
CSAA Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer.
This is a contingent worker role and is not benefits eligible through CSAA IG.
As the employer of record for this position, PRO Unlimited benefit offerings include Medical, preventative care, hospitalization, wellness and prescription coverage, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, and offers optional benefits of Short Term Disability, Group Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Whole Life Insurance, Disability and Life insurance through Cigna as well as Legal Insurance. PRO Unlimited also offers optional Wellcard Rx Discount, Credit Union Memberships, Anytime Fitness Gym Membership, Verizon Cellular Services, Lifelock, Liberty Mutual Home and Auto Insurance, International Medical Coverage and Business Travel Assistance with international emergency coverage for all employees, Group Long Term Care Insurance, 401(k) Plan and a 529 Plan.
If interested, please apply here.