AngelList Venture provides the tools that make it simple for anyone to become a funder or founder. Our infrastructure allows investors to build on top of AngelList instead of a traditional VC firm. We’ve innovated on new ways for VCs to raise money, new ways for startups to provide liquidity for employees, and even index-like VC funds.
Supporting over $7B in assets under management, driving capital to over 10,000 startups, 151 of those being unicorns backed by AngelList Funds & Syndicates, and 57% of all top-tier U.S. VC deals in our portfolio, AngelList is the nexus of venture capital. If you want to help us build the future of venture capital, we welcome you to apply.
To learn more about AngelList Venture, watch the keynote from our recent conference here: https://angell.ist/keynote
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Strategic Finance leader to support our hyper growth and lead cross-functional high impact projects. In this role, you will be the go-to partner for leaders across the company for thought partnership, financial insights and growth strategies. You will collaborate with senior executives to develop investment frameworks, set goals and help achieve them through performance tracking. Our core product offerings serve the venture ecosystem, the strategic finance role will also participate in product structuring and ideation.
As the founding member of the strategic finance team, you will be instrumental in shaping the future of the function and the overall business.
- Track and monitor the performance of the business and provide forecast and actionable insights to improve the business performance.
- Owning the company’s budget, driving annual and quarterly planning processes, allocating and deploying the company’s resources efficiently, performing financial analyses, and partnering with all departments across the company
- Partner closely with EPD and GTM orgs on understanding key business levers and ensure they have the necessary resources to invest in key initiatives
- Prepare analyses and materials to communicate business performance and trends to the executive team, board members, and investors.
- Drive high-impact cross-functional initiatives such as strategic investments, M&A and financial product scoping
- Complete ad-hoc business projects and financial modeling analysis that drive decision-making
Other characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- Ability to solve complex business problems, think from first principles, and build scalable processes
- Proven track record of building strong collaborative relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are a team player. Everyone needs to pull for each other, challenge each other, share best practices, and take on team projects to make the entire organization better.
- Bonus points if you have experience with Netsuite and other financial planning tools
- High-growth tech startup experience preferred
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
A Remote-First AngelList: AngelList is a remote-first company – you can choose to work remotely or work from one of our offices in hub cities: San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City. While AngelList offices are only partially open at this time in accordance with local health guidance, you choose how and where you’d like to work even in a post-COVID world.
If interested, please apply here.