Vitalize is a venture capital firm based in Chicago, San Francisco, and Los Angeles that invests in pre-seed and seed-stage software companies in future of work. Vitalize operates an innovative model which incorporates an angel community and a fund. Given our high volume of deal flow, we seek entrepreneurial deal associates to join our team and take initial deal screening calls for Vitalize, including VitalizeVC (our venture fund) and Vitalize Angels (our angel community).
There are currently two Deal Associate contract roles, each of which is open to start immediately.
- Take initial deal screening calls with founders (30-minute calls)
- Cover topics including founder background & vision, market size, competitive landscape, team, financials/traction, sales/GTM strategy, and financing/key deal terms
- Take detailed notes and be able to provide a recommendation to the Vitalize team on whether to pass or take a deeper look at the company
- This role is primarily focused on deal screening calls, but may also require some diligence work from time to time as needed
- You are a networker and relationship builder
- You communicate proactively and clearly
- You are passionate about innovation
- You are always looking for ways to improve existing processes
- You are professional and organized
- You are able to work independently and as part of a team
- You are analytical
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in venture capital, angel investing, or other similar field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of financial statements & cap tables
- Ability to learn quickly
- Location is flexible within the United States
Compensation / Hours
- 20-25 hours per week
Vitalize is a venture capital fund that invests in seed stage software companies focused on future of work. Vitalize has backed amazing startups such as The Mom Project, Placer.ai, Elevate K-12, Toucan, Zero Grocery, Enklu, Zingtree, and many more!
Vitalize Angels is a community of 300+ investors writing 15-20 checks per year into high-potential pre-seed software companies in future of work.
This is a part-time position. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your application. This could include your resume, social media profiles, a video about how you would contribute to this role, or a static document such as a deck or traditional cover letter. The application should highlight what you could bring to the role and should take someone five to ten minutes to review in its entirety.
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.