The Fund is a pre-seed venture capital fund investing in startups in New York, Los Angeles, and Europe alongside top-tier venture funds. Our first fund invested in 51 companies, and in under 24 months seen one-third of the portfolio marked up with investment rounds by some of the most recognized venture firms in the world. Our capital in each geography is pooled from the most successful and connected founders and operators in that geography who source deals and support diligence. Decision making is centralized in a four person investment committee in each geo, highly experienced founders and VCs with well over $1 billion in combined exits. We believe that founders know the best other founders, and by investing at the earliest stages of a company’s formation we can earn outsized venture scale returns.
As we grow to new markets and expand the platform, we are looking to bring on a passionate intern to own several projects and support the core partners of The Fund.
- Devise, run and lead a virtual tech community for founders and builders from around the world called Build With The Fund
- Develop and implement strategy of the new community in conjunction with The Fund partners and members
- Drive the application and recruiting process for this newly formed group
- Build resources to support the Build With The Fund founders and operators
- Identify and implement effective strategies to build community engagement (e.g. mentor office hours, virtual meetings/events, 1:1s, matchmaking across The Funds existing resources and community channels)
- Own The Fund Airtable knowledge base, including a listing of superpowers and investor universe databases
An ideal candidate will have:
- Experience running communities and work in entrepreneurial startup environments
- A passion for starting with a blank slate and implementing strategies into working order
- A curiosity and drive to network, identify new founders, resources, and tools to support an ecosystem
- Strong communicator, ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively and bring in relevant team members in order to execute the plan
- A love of startups, venture capital and staying up to date on platforms, tools, strategies and tactics in the space
- At least 4+ years of work experience
If interested, please apply here.