Sandbox Industries invests in innovation to drive lasting change in human livelihood. We partner with entrepreneurs who are seeking to make an impact on areas of high strategic value to corporate organizations, as well as with these organizations themselves. The primary medium for this work is venture capital.
In line with our mission, Sandbox Industries has served as the exclusive provider of investment management services to the Blue Venture Funds for over a decade. The Blue Venture Fund is a unique collaboration between Blue Cross Blue Shield (“BCBS”) companies, BCBSA, and Sandbox to which thirty-five BCBS companies have committed over $850 million across four venture capital funds. The Blue Venture Fund invests in promising emerging healthcare companies of strategic relevance to Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield Plans and offer portfolio access to such plans to deploy innovation at scale.
Associate / Vice President Position
We are seeking passionate and talented people to join our healthcare investment team to support all aspects of the investment process. Our team is open, thoughtful, and collaborative. Key responsibilities and required skills include:
- Conduct investment due diligence on companies of all stages, seed through growth
- Perform financial modeling and analysis of growth and venture stage companies
- Record all deal information for reporting and trend analysis
- Research and report on industry trends and potential new business models
- Support Investment Committee presentations
- Cultivate and manage relationships across the Blue plan ecosystem
- Assist in all aspects of portfolio company management
- Source potential investment opportunities
- Develop meaningful relationships across the healthcare industry
- 2-5 years’ experience for Associate level, 6+ years’ experience for VP level
- Healthcare finance or operating experience preferred
- Strong communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Adept with financial modeling
- Curiosity and knowledge of how to ask hard questions
- Demonstrated relationship building skills
- Track record of good judgment and ability to navigate ambiguity
- Ability to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage several initiatives at one time
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.