Studio Management is a data-driven asset manager investing across public equities and venture capital. Our mission is to influence the flow of capital into companies that improve society & push culture forward.
As public market investors, we’ve posted top decile returns using our data-driven approach. Prior to Studio, our Managing Partner, Alap Shah founded Sentieo, an AI driven Bloomberg terminal replacement, as a way to leverage alternative data to gain alpha in the public markets. Sentieo is now used by the world’s top investment funds.
As venture investors, we finance value-aligned startups across stages and sectors, leveraging our experience as entrepreneurs. Companies we’ve co-founded have collectively raised over $60m in venture capital and have scaled to over 800 employees. We marry this experience as entrepreneurs with our data driven approach as investors to identify startups advancing societal health, productivity and well-being—including Thistle, DocSend, Super Coffee, Flux, Hungry Marketplace, Massive, Yassir, and Jane Technologies. For more information, please visit http://www.studiomgmt.co.
We’re looking to bring on an Associate to help us in our mission. The Associate will be a core member of the Investment Team and report directly to the firm’s Partners. This position offers excellent career growth and development, as well as an opportunity to network with and learn from seasoned investors and entrepreneurs. For the foreseeable future, the role will be fully remote with occasional travel.
• Source investment opportunities and managing deal pipeline
• Diligence investments using both financial and alternative data
• Research markets, business models and innovative technologies
• Build financial models, monthly reports and investment committee reports and presentations
• Support portfolio companies from time to time as needed
• Support the Partners’ work
• Assist with deal execution
• Manage network of LPs as needed
• One to three years of related experience in startups, VC, PE, Investment Banking or Consulting
• Experience in market research and/or M&A is ideal
• Strong understanding of consumer and enterprise tech, as well as familiarity with emerging tech (e.g., crypto, blockchain)
• Exceptional academic achievement with an undergraduate degree from a top academic institution
• Strong financial modeling and Excel skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks
• Career minded and collaborative
If interested, please apply here.