We’re growing our Ventures & Portfolio team and hiring an Associate to liaise and coach current portfolio companies, support portfolio valuation analysis, financial due diligence, and Fund performance reporting and modeling. Our ideal candidate is entrepreneurial-minded and highly analytical, and considers accuracy and follow-through as two of their unique abilities, with a passion for collaborating with entrepreneurs to transform health. We view this hire as a potential career growth position for successful associates. This is a fully remote role, so we are considering candidates from anywhere in the US.
- Support quarterly enterprise valuation analysis of 275+ active portfolio companies to determine the impact on Fund performance and equity holdings
- Perform financial due diligence on potential new investments
- Coach entrepreneurs on capitalization and financing strategies and interface regularly with portfolio management teams
- Organize and manage annual and quarterly financial requests to portfolio companies, aiming for 100% participation
- Help maintain fund performance modeling including investment attribution analysis
- Ensure financial metrics and stats for all active portfolio companies are kept up to date and easily accessible by the team
- Collaborate with the Finance team and external auditors on annual Fund audits
Our Ideal Candidate:
- At least two years experience in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, corporate development or related roles
- Skillset of private valuation techniques for large scale portfolios and fund financial modeling
- Demonstrated ability to collect and organize data, analyze company financials, and identify relevant issues and market trends
- Familiarity reviewing term sheets, capitalization structures, and related agreements
- Advanced proficiency with Excel
- Comfortable interacting with entrepreneurs, management teams, and investors and previous experience coaching founders
- Discretion with sensitive and confidential information
- Entrepreneurial mindset and strong ability to navigate ambiguity and balance multiple priorities
- Alignment and commitment to our mission to achieve health moonshots
- Comfortable working with a fully remote team across multiple time zones
- Degree in finance, accounting , or business administration
About StartUp Health:
At StartUp Health, we are impact-driven entrepreneurs and investors building a global army of thousands of Health Transformers collaborating to achieve health moonshots — from ending cancer and curing disease, like diabetes and Alzheimer’s, to delivering quality care to everyone in the world regardless of location or income. We believe that investing in and supporting a diversified global portfolio of health moonshot companies is the key to improving the health and wellbeing of humanity, while also generating healthy financial returns for investors. Since 2012, we’ve made more than 400 investments in companies across 27 countries, and currently have a portfolio of 260+ active companies.
We have a flexible, work-from-anywhere policy as our team is fully remote, with team members in NYC, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Baltimore, and Philadelphia. We are open to candidates across the U.S. Benefits include health insurance and long-term disability coverage, 401k with employer matching, employee stock options, and generous time off policy including paid holidays.