Linse Capital (www.linsecapital.com), founded by a former Kleiner Perkins Partner, is a growth equity firm that invests in companies driving the world’s energy transition. We focus mainly on energy, transportation, and logistics – industries that have historically been slower to innovate but are now spawning some of the most exciting companies the world has ever seen, like Tesla, Sunrun, ChargePoint, etc.
We pride ourselves in our deep industry research, uncovering companies with multi-decade tailwinds in areas such as vehicle electrification, autonomous driving, autonomous flight, robotics, logistics for the e-commerce age, energy efficiency, and artificial intelligence.
One thing that’s quite unusual about our approach – we are highly concentrated. Rather than casting a wide net, we look to back a small handful of companies where we then go very deep, by deploying between $100-300m into each company and becoming the most hands-on and available investor at the table.
Linse Capital currently manages $2B in AUM and we are investing out of a new $600m fund (soon to be announced).
Role and Responsibilities
As an Associate, your responsibilities will touch many aspects of our business, including:
- Industry analysis: become a world-expert in the industries we invest in
- Company sourcing: help us find the best companies
- Company analysis: rigorously analyze companies to assess their fit with our investment philosophy and criteria
- Deal execution: spearhead confirmatory diligence to drive an investment opportunity to completion
- Help our portfolio companies: assist our portfolio companies and entrepreneurs in areas such as fundraising, financial analysis, M&A, customer introductions, recruiting, business development and strategy / decision-making
- Fund management: help us build and manage our firm, in areas such as LP communication, fundraising, marketing, and finance
Your Background and Experience
We are looking for candidates with a few years of work experience in finance, consulting, or other roles that demand analysis and attention to detail. We will consider exceptional candidates without full-time work experience but who have excelled at university and in internships. Your character is important to us: we’re looking for strong work ethic, attention to detail, professionalism, a self-starter attitude, humility, humor, and curiosity.
More Information and How To Apply
We are headquartered in San Juan, Puerto Rico, with team members spread across Puerto Rico, Florida, and California. The location of this Associate role would be flexible. Expect frequent travel to visit companies and to meet with the team in person. Please apply via this posting.
If interested, please apply here.