Linqto is a technology-enabled investment platform allowing Accredited Investors to identify, evaluate, invest in, and trade securities in the world’s leading unicorns and other private companies. Linqto also provides liquidity for private securities markets. Founders, VCs and employees can realize early returns and liquidity without waiting for an IPO or trade sale, and companies can stay private longer by providing liquidity on an on-going basis, not just at exit. The Linqto platform ultimately makes the private securities asset class accessible, while reducing costs and saving time with the flexibility of trading directly on the Company’s mobile app. Linqto aims to democratize private investing and build a community of like-minded investors, providing both an investment platform and education about private markets and individual companies.
Linqto is a rapidly growing FinTech startup with a remote team that is focused on ensuring that our platform embodies our mission of “private investing made simple.” Linqto is a company built on championing everyone’s talents to drive thoughtful solutions for our customers, who represent the Linqto community.
Our Research and Origination team is looking for an associate to join our team to lead the development of our research and investing capabilities. This associate will play an important role in identifying and vetting investment opportunities for the Linqto platform, evaluating the performance of our investments, crafting investment memos for Linqto customers, and supporting our Sales and Marketing teams with company research and updates.
As a valued team member, you’ll use your existing analytical skills to conduct in-depth due diligence for primary offerings and develop meaningful insights into various private companies within the technology vertical. You will build relationships with management teams and focus on developing access to growth-stage companies.
The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, strong communication and organizational skills, and an ability to present clear and concise investment opportunities to our COO and investment committee. Our team is creative, driven, and committed to finding high quality investments at attractive entry points for the Linqto community.
• Conduct research and analysis covering private companies and the private market landscape, with a specific focus on FinTech and Digital Assets
Identify and monitor primary and secondary investment opportunities for the Linqto platform
• Discuss the business model, market opportunity, investment thesis, unit economics, competitive landscape, and risk factors for various investment ideas with our investment committee
• Utilize PitchBook data, Tegus expert call transcripts, white papers, public and private company research notes, news outlets etc. to develop actionable investment summaries
• Work cross-functionally with our Sales, Marketing, and Operations teams to facilitate offerings
• Contribute to the Sales team’s knowledge of the key investment highlights and latest updates in fundraising and performance trends within private markets
• Collaborate with the Marketing team to determine and plan content strategy that utilizes Linqto proprietary research
• Coordinate with our Sales team to respond to inquiries from customers as it relates to specific portfolio companies and market conditions
• Identify process improvement opportunities and work with our Engineering and Product teams to automate and optimize our platform and processes
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or Economics preferred
• FINRA Series 7, 65, or 63 licenses a plus
• 3-5 years of experience in investment banking, venture capital, equity research or related financial services role
• Strong interest in private financial markets with thorough understanding of financial concepts and valuation techniques
• Ability to evaluate and develop investment themes and identify and articulate key investment risks and opportunities
• Experience writing long-form research or promotional material a plus
• Collaborative thinker who works well in teams and as an independent self‐starter in a fast-paced startup environment
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Experience using PitchBook, Tegus, and CRMs a plus
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite
• $100k – $125k base plus quarterly bonuses depending on years of experience
• Comprehensive health and dental insurance
Our team holds a common value of championing one another’s talents to drive thoughtful solutions and operate using the principles of Cultural Humility (Learning is a lifelong process, this requires self-awareness and self-critique, strong opinions loosely held, Advocate and partner with others). Linqto does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of Linqto. Linqto is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
IF interested, please apply here