We are looking for an entrepreneurial, motivated, and self-starting Venture Capital Associate to join our team at January Ventures. This is a unique opportunity to be the first hire for an emerging venture fund, help build it from the ground up and be a key part of a small core team. We are looking for someone who takes the initiative, is able to wear many hats, works autonomously and communicates effectively, with strong organization and analytical skills. This person will have the opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility through sourcing new investments, meeting founders, driving diligence and supporting investment decisions. We are looking for someone with a passion for technology and startups, and we are open to non-traditional backgrounds.
- Sourcing new investment opportunities and building relationships with entrepreneurs
- Managing our investment pipeline and screening companies
- Driving diligence for new investments, including competitive landscapes and investment memos
- Analytical work for portfolio reporting and metrics
- Managing SPVs for follow on investments
- Planning educational workshops for founders and networking events for our operator network
- Onboarding new portfolio companies onto the January Ventures platform, including directing them to connections and resources to help them as they build their companies
- At least 2 years of work experience, including but not limited to roles in investment banking, private equity, strategy consulting, startups or large tech companies
- Entrepreneurial self starter who thrives in constantly evolving, fast paced environments
- Analytical and number/data driven
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Effective communicator, both externally but also internally as we a distributed team
- High EQ and ability to build relationships
- Tech-savvy and early adopter of new trends, with a love for testing out new software
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Team player who is excited to build from the ground up
- Based in the US or UK (unfortunately we cannot provide sponsorship and can only consider applicants with a right to work in one of these countries)
- Able to work remotely, either on EST or GMT time zones
- Available to start ASAP
About January Ventures
January Ventures invests early and opens doors for founders of the future. We bring radical transparency and access to venture capital by removing friction for founders in raising funding. Founders don’t need a warm intro, pitch deck or revenue to pitch us. Thematically, we use a wide B2B lens to spot category defining companies within the future of work/productivity, embedded fintech and digital health. We invest at the pre-seed and seed stage with an initial investment size of $250K-750K. We invest across the US and Europe.
We are a “start-up” venture capital firm with an entrepreneurial environment and a lot of opportunity for growth. We are a fully virtual team and have built a culture where team members can bring their full selves to work.
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
If interested, please apply here.