At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Ventures is the newly formed strategic investment arm for IBM. As an IBM Ventures Associate/Analyst, they will have the opportunity to be on the ground floor of establishing a world class strategic venture Investing program for IBM.
The IBM Ventures Associate/Analyst(s) work closely with the IBM Ventures Partners on leading and managing all strategic VC investing activities for IBM
Assist with sourcing, evaluating, completing due diligence, and executing investments in startups that meet both the financial and strategic minority investment requirements for IBM Ventures.
Identify and track promising new innovations and technologies
- Completing 2-3 tech trend analysis reports annually
- Provide this visibility on these future trends, which may have an impact on the core IBM businesses, to key stakeholders
- Stay current on IBM’s priorities and strategy
Update IBM Ventures CRM for strategic investments and oversee enhancements
- Track annual deal volume including inbound volumes, NDA’s signed, management meetings held, and investments made
- Organize and track investment related materials and pitch decks in CRM
Manage unsolicited investment leads
- Document in the Ventures CRM tool and introduce to appropriate business leaders to gauge interest levels when warranted
- Monitor and manage the inbound email box/process for minority investments
Assist with modeling, valuation, and strategic validation on new investment opportunities.
- Strategic Evaluation and Portfolio Company Modeling
- Assist with the initial qualification and sourcing of opportunities
- Assist with formal diligence coordination and dealmaking
- Manage competitive assessment analysis
Assist with ongoing management of portfolio
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc investment reports and briefings for IBM senior management
- Assist with documentation and financial tracking on active portfolio companies
- Assist with the capturing and reporting the ongoing strategic insights
- Facilitate the logistics and meetings for CEO showcase opportunities to help raise awareness and drive collaboration
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the anticipated compensation range for the position $87,500 to $310,890 is based on a full-time schedule. Your ultimate compensation may vary depending on your job-related skills and experience. For part time roles, the compensation will be adjusted appropriately
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Track record of academic success including a bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of experience evaluating market structure, competitive dynamics, and company financial performance at a VC Fund, PE Fund, or Investment Bank
- Entrepreneurial and leadership experience
- Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills
- Project management and organizational skills
- Self-motivation and a strong work ethic
If interested, please apply here.